Question

Arc + Ones + LG GX + Apple TV 4k +

• 13 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello !

After a lifetime of having average TVs and using internal speakers, this week I upgraded to an LG GX, Sonos Arc, 2 x Sonos Ones, and an Apple TV 4K.

I have connected everything up and after watching one movie via Amazon Prime, which I don’t even think had Atmos, I was blown away with the experience.

Having done a quick Google and also looked through the various settings within the LG and ATV menus, I assume that I won’t have the ‘optimal’ setup without making some adjustments. I know that my setup will be extremely common but I am struggling to find a thread setting out the optimal settings. Please could someone advise me on this, so I can make the most of my new setup?

At the moment I am only using two HDMIs - the ATV is connected to HDMI1 and the Arc to HDMI2.

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

On your TV’s settings, be sure HDMI ARC is turned on, eARC is enabled, and Audio Output is set to Passthrough.

Read these instructions to set your Apple TV to the best settings for Dolby Atmos: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204069