Question

ARC louder on the left than right?

• 5 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve noticed when watching a few films on Disney Plus and Netflix (Star Wars, Hamilton, Da 5 Bloods) that the sounds seems far more localised (for lack of better word) to the left side of the ARC. With the occasion sounds from right noticeable. Listening to it close up it does seem to me that it is louder on the left than the right. Has anyone else noticed this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Wouldn’t surprise me. I watched two movies on the Arc yesterday and had volume issues. I also got a  surprising comment from my wife who loves watching movies with the volume up. She said, “Turn it down. This one (the Arc) hurts my ears. I like the old one better (Beam).”

They're still working out bugs with this one. It has all the potential, it just hasn’t hit the mark yet for a lot of us. 

Hey James, late response but i posted something similar in a different post. I actually thought it was defective and RMA’d it and realized the new one did the same thing. Then I came across a the arc promo video on https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/arc.html. You will see that the center has 3 speakers with the smaller one on the left and 2 slightly bigger ones to the right. I held my ear up close to these 3 and the left one is definitely more treble so voices tend to sound more stage left. I don’t know if it’s supposed to sound less pronounced if you sit further away. But I definitely noticed and now I can’t unnotice it. There definitely seems like a lot less action and dialog from the right as compared to the left.