Answered

ARC HDMI vs Samsung TV.

• 28 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello 

I connected my Sonos ARC in my Samsung tv.

1- the hdmi-arc output was not connecting in the tv settings

2- I replaced the sonos hdmi cable, then it worked.

3- after some time, the hdmi-arc connection was lost again, and tv speakers were on.

4- hdmi arc is not recognizing sonos at all..I replaced the HDMI cable 3 times already.

any suggestions regarding this unpleasant experience ?

thanks

icon

Best answer by MichaeldeOliveira 1 November 2020, 06:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @MichaeldeOliveira, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos Arc and your Samsung TV, and thanks for trying some troubleshooting steps for this issue. So that we can have a better view of the current status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos community is always here to help. 

Badge

Hi @Simon B thanks for your reply

I changed my TV, now I have a LG 55NANO86, with eArc..but still don't get “ATMOS”..however is showing Dolby Digital Plus 5.1.

TV is configured as follows:

• Sound out: HDMI ARC
  • DTV: auto
  • Digital Sound Out: Pass Through
  • eARC: enabled

I have a Diagnosis code, 911315829. Currently I'm using the HDMI cable provided by SONOS. Do you think I should try another cable?

(my system has ARC + Sub + 2 Ones)

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @MichaeldeOliveira, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking it shows that the Arc status is offline on the Sonos Arc, kindly try to disable and reenable the CEC option on the TV settings or unplug the Sonos Arc for 1-2 minutes from the power source and plug it back in. If that would still not work, we’ll take this further. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

Badge

Hello @Simon B 

I did a reset in the ARC.. And checked the CEC option in the TV. Then I unplugged the TV from the power, and turned it on.

The audio was PCM (diagnostic 1338105449.

I don't know why it was PCM but later was showing atmos dd+..diagnostic 1477465997.

Apparently now is OK.

Thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @MichaeldeOliveira, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report. Upon checking it shows Dolby Atmos is being broadcasted on the Sonos Arc. So everything shows all fine on your Sonos system in my end. 

If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.