Question

Arc HDMI TV Bypass with switch

• 7 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I was looking at this eARC audio extractor - the HDFury  and I’m not quite sure if it would work with an Arc….and it’s too expensive to experiment.   But what I think it does is extract audio AFTER the TV????

I was looking for a solution for a TV without eArc (mine) so I could use a BluRay with Atmos. I think this gadget may not pass Dolby Vision at 4K.  And how does it sync audio & video?

Anybody have experience with this? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Someone here contacted HDFury who evidently said there isn’t a device anywhere at present which can extract full resolution audio from HDMI and re-embed it onto HDMI-eARC, which is what would be required for full TV bypass to Arc.

There was a suggestion that they might be considering making such a device. Timescales TBC. 

Userlevel 1

Been emailing with HD Fury, this is the latest:

yes we already made it work in our labs, later today we will show proof of concept video on our discord server > channel: straight from the labs.

Feeding Sonos with Atmos from ATV4K

Badge

Hdfury has got it to work and shown concept video today.

We all need to voice demand to them so they can speed up production based on demand 

https://www.hdfury.com/contact/

Thanks  in advance 

German company FeinTech stated something similar. They are also considering developing a product for this use-case since there are so many requests from the German Sonos Community.