Question

ARC has no audio when connected to TV with HDMI-ARC.

• 26 June 2020
  • 7 replies

My Sonos Arc has been working fine the last weeks but a few days ago the audio from TV stopped working? Seems like the Audio Return Channel function just stopped?

I still see the wallpaper from Sonos when I choose the HDMI - ARC source on the TV, but no audio.

Tried the troubleshooting in the app and seems it happened after the automatic firmware update. I have tried all the regular stuff like unplugging the HDMI, cutting power and fiddled around in the TV settings.

All other sources are connected directly to the TV

TV: Samsung UE55D8005

Sonos Arc+sub

Please help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @fredriksl.

Thank you for reaching out.

I just would like to know if there are any changes that happened to your TV settings recently besides the firmware update?

Can you also submit a diagnostic report for us to see if the arc is still getting a signal coming from your TV?

Is Sonos Arc still showing in the Sonos application?

You can try to playback some music to your arc see if it's working.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Mark,

No changes to TV settings or setup. And I'm not sure if there was a firmware update that caused this since the update is happening automatically?

Diagnostic report is submitted with confirmation number: 1633384949

Sonos Arc is still showing in the Sonos App and plays sound from Spotify or other applications.

The TV says there are none anynet+ units connected and I use the HDMI-cable that came with the Arc.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @fredriksl.

Thanks for replying to us.

Base on the diagnostic report the Sonos Arc is still able to receive a signal coming from your tv.

You might want to check this link: What is Anynet+ need to activate the Anynet+ which is part of your Samsung TV settings.

If your still unable to fix the issue might want to call Samsung customer support for more details about this since Sonos Arc doesn't have any issues.

Hi again,

I actually found a solution!

The anynet+ and HDMI-arc settings was always set to “on” and were showing as active on the Samsung TV but that didn't get the job done.

But I pulled out the power cord of the TV for about 30+ seconds before plugging it back in. Then it was fixed! I tried this earlier as well, but only for 10-15 seconds.

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @fredriksl.

Thank you for your feedback.

It's nice to know that you manage to fix this on your own. Glad we can help.

I pulled out the power cord of the TV for about 30+ seconds before plugging it back in. Then it was fixed! I tried this earlier as well, but only for 10-15 seconds.

This worked for me (thanks, fridriksl!). Arc stopped working w the ARC connection (HDMI would appear briefly as a sound option, then disappear when I picked it). I had to *unplug my Samsung TV to kickstart it again. Nothing else made a difference. 

I suspect a Sonos update was at fault, nothing else changes around here.

Thank you all

Had the same issue, after an hour of  replacing hdmi cables rebooting Cable box, etc etc

pulled the TV plug, and back in business

Thanks again

Sami