Question

ARC dropping audio on LG CX

• 17 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I have been having this issue since I got the ARC, basically audio drops when switching to different devices or exiting internal apps back to tv tuner.

At first I thought audio was just dropping, but I now realise it’s the HDMI ARC connection that is the issue, as basically the ARC is losing the connection to TV and along with it the audio, weather this is an LG issue or Sonos issue I’m not sure.

I can get the Sonos working again by switching off eARC and back on again in the LG audio settings.

Even if this is an LG issue perhaps Sonos can work with LG to try and solve it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @ledzep1 

I just purchased an LG Nano 90 Series back in July. I had a similar experience with the volume not registering to the Arc upon start-up. I had to open the LG menu and turn CEC off/on to get the sound back to the Arc. I complained to LG and discovered that it was a known issue. My timing was was perfect as an update was pushed out two days later and the issue has been fixed. Long story short...check your LG for an update and/or try contacting LG Tech support to report the issue.

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi

I have the most recent up to date firmware, I know some firmwares contained arc fixes but eARC seems to be flakey still, I will get in contact with LG as well, but Sonos should perhaps investigate these issues everyone is having with sound drops and connection issues as well.