Arc cycles on and off when switching HDMI sources

• 4 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I have three sources into the Arc (Apple TV, Cable box, TiVo antenna box) and output is to an OLED LG TV and am using a Logitech Elite remote with hub.   Most of the time all is well.   Sometimes when I switch sources, the source cycles on and off (video and sound) about once every second.   

If I turn everything off, it fixes it and all is well again.  

It happens most often when switching to the Tivo box but not always.

Diagnostic= 1356345119

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Does the same issue still happen when switching inputs with the TV remote. I assume you have an LG ‘magic remote’ with the setup too, in this instance, rather than using the Logitech universal remote?
I’m just curious if you may have included the Sonos device in each of your Harmony App activities and that is perhaps causing you an issue?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I never use the magic remote…..

But, the switching episodes are not common…..and not repeatable.   So - I’m puzzled.   I don’t know if it is a LG TV issue or a Sonos issue (CEC control ???)  or a Logitech remote issue.

I never use the magic remote…..

But, the switching episodes are not common…..and not repeatable.   So - I’m puzzled.   I don’t know if it is a LG TV issue or a Sonos issue (CEC control ???)  or a Logitech remote issue.

I was attempting to perhaps eliminate it being the Logitech remote and that’s why I made the suggestion about the magic remote, which usually comes with the LG OLED TV’s. It’s difficult to point the finger at any particular device as being the cause at the moment.

I use the Sonos Arc with an LG C9 TV, a VirginMedia TiVo V6 and Apple TV and that’s all working okay here for me, but I’m using the LG magic remote with the setup.