arc bar wake up

• 10 March 2022
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I have a new arc bar all hooked up but when I turn my tv on after a few hours it defaults to speaker then the arc comes in about 5 min later 

plus , with my cable box plugged into the tv the Sonas app says that I have an hdmi interference issue .

i then have to disconnect the cable box hdmi then the sonas plays then I can hook back up the box 

Do I always need the app up and running when I use the bar ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You shouldn’t, no, the Sonos is supposed to take the data from the HDMI input and immediately play it. I suspect if you clear whatever HDMI interference that is being reported, the Sonos will work properly. 

Things I would try are:

• checking the TV set to see if there are any software updates to its OS and applying them
  • unplugging the TV from the wall for 5 minutes, then plugging it back in, to force a reboot of the TV’s OS
  • turning off CEC on the cable box (or inserting a CEC-less adapter on its connection to the TV)
  • power cycling the cable box in the same manner as the TV set
  • checking the seating of all HDMI cables to ensure they’re fully inserted and making good contact

Of none of that works, I’d call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.