Answered

Arc and remote control Samsung

• 16 June 2020
  • 2 replies

I can’t really understand how thinking has gone when possibilities for controlling both TV and Sonos product is going in the wrong direction when a new product, Arc, is launched. Since I only have access to ip-TV and need to use HDMI for connection from box to TV I cannot use HDMI ARC. The old Playbar was still possible to control via Samsung remote and digital output but there is no response whatsoever with Arc. Disappointing development when I went out of my way to exchange my newly bought Playbars for new Arc?

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 16 June 2020, 21:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’m not following what your issue is.  A typical TV that has ARC will have multiple HDMI inputs with one labeled ARC.  The Arc will connect to the ARC port, while your IPTV and other sources will connect to one of the other ports.  If you do not have an ARC capable TV, then use the provided optical/HDMI-ARC dongle.

As far as control of the Arc, you can use your TV remote, which will work the ARC connection if applicable or the IR port on the Arc.

The first time I connected the HDMI ARC it only connected the sound bar and as soon as I switched to HDMI 1 to get right input to TV then sound didn’t work. After your reply I tried again today and now it works perfectly 👍🏻🙏🏻