Arc acceptable mounting distance from TV (replacing playbar)?

• 28 June 2020
  • 5 replies

I’m hoping to replace my Playbar with an Arc. The Playbar is currently wall mounted under my TV so I

was hoping to be able to use the existing holes in the wall for routing cables, etc.  I understand I’ll need the Arc-specific mount, and I’ve also read through the specs and suggestions saying that due to the Arc’s upward firing speakers a minimum distance of 4 inches is recommended between the bottom of the TV and the top of the Arc when mounting below the TV. The Playbar isn’t mounted immediately touching the TV like some I’ve seen, but it’s not as far away as the Arc should be -- currently there’s about 1.75” between the bottom of the TV and the top of the Playbar. I’m guessing due to the Arc’s different form factor, if I mount over the same holes, it’ll give me a bit more distance, but not the recommended 4 inches. 

I understand it’s a recommendation and not something set in stone, but I’m just trying to get a sense of whether I should plan ahead to move the mount down a few inches (and have to patch the old holes in the wall, etc.) or if I can get away with mounting over the same spot. I’d obviously rather save the trouble if it’s not going to be that noticeable, but I don’t want to spend the money on the Arc and severely compromise the audio potential if the recommended placement is really that important.

Current playbar mounted with 75” TV:

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

The Arc bracket only uses one row of screw-holes, so if you can make it fit with the lower row used for the PlayBar, I think you should be good.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Arc uses up firing speakers with Atmos material - that’s the reason it needs the advised distance to the TV. If the reason you want to change your Playbar for the Arc is the use of Atmos content, I’d follow the advice.

Thanks for the advice!

Thanks for the advice!

I am going to do the same exercise. I have almost the same setup.

I am not sure if I can use the same screw holes for the Arc mount and plaster hole for cabling.

Could you please share your experience if you have done it. Any tips would me much appreciated.

Thanks 

I did end up having to patch the old Playbar holes and mount my Arc in a new lower location, but I didn’t have as much space between the TV and the old Playbar as it looks like you do so you may be able to cover your old holes with the new mount and still meet the recommended 4” distance. Good luck!