Arc + (2) Play One SL + (2) Five + Sub = ?

• 5 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Is the combination of Arc, Play One and Five possible? I’m currently running the current standard; an Arc (2) Play One and sub, I love my set up, sounds great but I’d also like to grow it a bit more by adding  a pair of Fives (considering I have a Five is a spare bedroom that gets little to no use...) 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Clearwheels.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I would like to share some information to help out.

I love my set up, sounds great but I’d also like to grow it a bit more by adding  a pair of Fives (considering I have a Five is a spare bedroom that gets little to no use...)  Currently, Sonos’ supports up-to 5.2 setup having 2 Sonos Subs with your Home theater setup and 5.2.2 surround sound setup with the Sonos Arc. Sonos does not yet have the capabilities to support 7.1 setup for home theater. You can use the group and ungroup feature of the Sonos App to group your Sonos Fives with your home theater setup. However, if you are watching a movie, there will be a delay with the audio with the Fives. On the other hand, they will be perfectly in-sync with music. 

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns. I’ll be here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7

The best setup you can have with the Arc is the Arc + two Subs + two Fives as surrounds for a 5.2.2 setup.