Arc 14.12 update - I'm impressed

• 30 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hay sonos thank you for the update for me arc sounds much better now the sound is fuller and even more spacious.  It's a bit quieter, I don't see a problem - if someone listened to 100%, they would not appreciate the clear and detailed sound anyway

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

There seems to be some mixed reviews in regards to the recent 14.12 update. See this link just as an example:

Like you @pawel20k-ce, I’ve noticed my TV volume needed to be set slightly higher (approx. TV-Vol. level-40 instead of 30), but I agree that’s not a huge issue for me either. I did prefer the HT setup with Trueplay ‘off’, but the difference is only very subtle in my case. I just added a touch more treble too for how I like to listen to things. 

I think the center-channel clarity has improved aswell this time around.

Some users have also reported reduced Bass output with their Sonos Moves and Fives, but I’m not seeing that here, personally speaking - They each seem fine to my ears. (The Moves have auto-Trueplay enabled).. I prefer Trueplay ‘on’ for the stereo-paired Fives, setup vertical for music in our Living Room.

I guess we do all hear things differently and each have our own preferences of how we like to listen to audio.

Perhaps a compromise needs to be found by Sonos going forward, to hopefully then please a majority🤔?

I certainly want to see the HT center channel clarity kept for the Arc, where possible.

For some, it’s a case of wait and see what the next software/firmware update(s) may bring to the mix?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hay sonos thank you for the update for me arc sounds much better now the sound is fuller and even more spacious.  It's a bit quieter, I don't see a problem - if someone listened to 100%, they would not appreciate the clear and detailed sound anyway

Glad your happy, but many are not. However, get real.. no one listens to anything @ 100%.. stupid statement. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Worst update ever. The sound profile is completely changed. It doesn’t sound as the reward winning system anymore. A few users like the new profile, but the rest of us, hate it. This wasn’t the sound system we bought 😡

Glad your happy, but many are not. However, get real.. no one listens to anything @ 100%.. stupid statement. 

I think you need to read that again.  The poster was saying that it is likely nobody listens at 100%.

This YT review (link below) just about sums up my own personal experience of the recent 14.12 update. I did opt to increase the Arc volume by approx.10% and I did set the treble slider up slightly.

I didn’t touch the Arc’s Bass setting, although the suggestion here in the review is to move that down a notch… I definitely agree that the update seems to have improved the Arc’s centre channel dialogue.

Admittedly, as I’ve mentioned elsewhere on the forum, I would like to see Sonos cater for the volume adjustment of the HT center channel to make things a little more flexible/customisable ... it seems that could perhaps be a reasonable compromise.

https://youtu.be/C7sLAhDXH7A

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I think you need to read that again.  The poster was saying that it is likely nobody listens at 100%.

It says” if someone listened at 100%”… he doesn’t say “nobody listens at 100%