Apple TV with projector and playbase

• 17 March 2019
  • 5 replies

I am currently using my apple tv to send video to a projector (HDMI) and sound to my playbase (Airplay). This is not working as well as i hoped since the sound is often out of synch with the video.
I am now locking for an adapter (HDMI 2 HDMI+Optical). Anyone that can help me with finding the right devise? Someone who has tried this and who is satisfied with the result?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

There are quite a few people who have posted results and links in the Home Theater section of this forum.
There are quite a few people who have posted results and links in the Home Theater section of this forum.
I know, i have spent a few hours searching for the right one. But still feel like it is not my setup. I could spend more time but was hoping to get a direct answer by posting a direct question to people with simular issues.
I am currently using my apple tv to send video to a projector (HDMI) and sound to my playbase (Airplay). This is not working as well as i hoped since the sound is often out of synch with the video.
I am now locking for an adapter (HDMI 2 HDMI+Optical). Anyone that can help me with finding the right devise? Someone who has tried this and who is satisfied with the result?

I have just purhased a HDMI to HDMI+optical adapter and a 12 meter long optical cable. All for connecting my apple tv to projector and playbase. Had to reprogram my apple tv remote. The sound is 100 times better than with airplay. OMG.
Glad to hear it. I'm not a huge fan of AirPlay 2, but for some things, it's required. But if I can use another solution, I do.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
When airplay 2 rolled out last year, I attempted to airplay from my apple tv to two Sonos Ones set up as a stereo pair. It audio synced correctly about 90% of the time and sounded better than the beam. I did eventually give up and bought the beam and used HDMI from my tv. I believe over time the sync will be perfect with some more software updates. I also have a 5.1 setup in the house with the playbase. Besides the syncing issue I also learned airplay will not carry the dolby digital codec. It has to be wired. I hope this helps.