Skip to main content
Answered

Apple TV and Dolby Atmos in films

• 6 April 2024
  • 9 replies

I´d like to buy Arc and Sub mini. I have TCL tv and Apple TV 4K. Will be Dolby atmos in films available in situation when I connect Apple TV to normal TCL HDMI port, and Arc I will connect to TCL ARC HDMI port? And I suppose, that when I connect Arc with Apple TV via Airplay 2, and play some film with Dolby atmos, this Dolby atmos will not be available?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

The Arc will support Atmos via the eARC HDMI port, assuming the program being broadcast is in Atmos 

i have been unable to play any movies in dolby atmos thru my apple tv wondering why and am showing that on the firestick? what am i misssing here

Likewise, no Dolby Atmos from Apple TV 4K. Running through HD Fury Arcana…

Userlevel 7

i have been unable to play any movies in dolby atmos thru my apple tv wondering why and am showing that on the firestick? what am i misssing here

In most cases, you need a TV equipped with HDMI eARC to play Dolby Atmos audio from the Apple TV 4K.

Make sure the Change Format setting on the Apple TV is set to OFF.

What exactly is your Atmos source?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Not all programs are broadcast in Atmos. Are you sure of the program’s format? 

In most cases, you need a TV equipped with HDMI eARC to play Dolby Atmos audio from the Apple TV 4K.

Ah, cheers, I’ll check the Change Format settings Source is the Apple v 4K and HD Fury Arcana gives me the necessary connection between Sonos Arc and TV HDMI. Had Dolby Atmos until last Apple firmware update…

Userlevel 7

Ah, cheers, I’ll check the Change Format settings Source is the Apple v 4K and HD Fury Arcana gives me the necessary connection between Sonos Arc and TV HDMI. Had Dolby Atmos until last Apple firmware update…

You may just need to reboot the TV, Apple TV, Arcana, and Arc.

You may just need to reboot the TV, Apple TV, Arcana, and Arc.

Tried the reboot, no joy, still only getting 5.1, no Atmos. Saw something on another forum that Apple changed the output from their Apple TV that removed the Atmos throughput unless it was a direct link… can’t find it now though. PITA.

Userlevel 7

@PhilCro What is your specific Atmos source?