Question

Apple TV 4K and Dolby Atmos issue new LG TV 2020

• 3 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I just set up my Sonos Arc to my new LG NanoCell 90 tv which is the newest model that supports e-ark and it is not playing very well withh my apple tv 4k. I get sound on all of the apps except for Apple tv+. I have the Apple TV 4k set to Dolby Atmos and have it hooked up to my TV properly but no sound? When I change it to something besides Dolby Atmos I get sound but that defeats the purpose of the sounder and tv? Is anyone else having issues and know a fix? Oh, if I use the Apple TV+ app on the TV itself I can get Dolby Atmos sound with no problem but I would like to use the Apple TV 4k if possible for all my content. Thank

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Maybe you problem lies in the way the Apple TV codes it’s soundstream: https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/lpcm-eta-for-arc-6842558

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Unless Sonos releases the firmware supporting LPCM you will not get Atmos from your Apple TV in this configuration. Many users are having the same issue. @Sonos get us this firmware soon!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Check to make sure you have the latest firmware update 03.10.60 which came to my TV two nights ago.  Once this update was installed, I have been able to receive full audio from my Apple TV 4K.  I am not sure if Sonos has updated the LCPM in 12.0.5 or not, but I have the same TV as you and it is working perfectly. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Keep in mind that updates vary based on geography. I live in Canada and have had no’s issues at all with my 2020 Samsung while people in other countries have had significant issues. 

Badge

03.10.60 not out in the uk yet?