Question

Anyone find the ARC microphone to be a little weak?

• 10 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

My ARC’s Alexa mic seems extraordinarily weak compared to my Sonos Move. It makes sense, considering the Move’s microphone array. But it presents a problem when giving commands to my ARC, as my Move will pick up the commands 20 feet away (while my ARC is 8 feet in front of me).

The truth is, I live in a townhome. And while my kitchen and living room are separate rooms, they’re not far apart. The discrepancy between the sensitivity of the two devices’ microphones is what is causing this issue.

Can anyone offer any insight into this problem? Or a solution?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jdrednation, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. To help you out with this, I'll be requesting from you in submitting a diagnostic report. Please don't forget to include the confirmation number in your response to find out the cause. Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.