Anyone else with LG Nano866 TV defaulting back to internal speakers?

• 20 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

This has only started happening recently, so I suspect it is due to a software update on the TV.

But when the TV is switched back on after being put into standby, the audio settings revert to internal speakers instead of remembering the previously selected HDMI ARC output.

I haven’t changed any settings in the Sonos App. and when I toggle the TV back to HDMI ARC sound output, my Sonos Arc springs into life and I can control the Sonos volume through the TV remote.

Just interested if anyone else is having the same problem and if you found a solution. Cheers  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

This doesn’t help you I’m afraid, but my Sony TV (on latest firmware) used to occasionally switch back to the internal speakers when I used HDMI ARC.

I switched to using optical for the last couple of months, and so far it’s hasn’t happened.

I was even fiddling with my TV setup last week and thought I’d try HDMI ARC again, but the problem returned so I switched back to optical.

Seems like the TV is not recovering the ARC connection properly when returning from standby. I’d agree with your current supposition that this is likely due to a firmware change. I’d probably be pinging LG with the details.