Question

annoying tv message when turning volume up or down

• 10 December 2017
  • 6 replies

My samsung TV is 4-5 years old. I don't see any options to turn off the annoying message when I change the volume. I've already read about this and I tried the 'steps' that sonos recommends. The steps merely set up the sound and have nothing to do with getting rid of the message. There is no device manager or remote control setup. So I'm assuming that I have to just deal with it or get a new TV. Any thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I'd try contacting Samsung's Customer Service to see if they can help you.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi,

I have the same experience with my Samsung TV (5+ years old) after I bought a PLAYBASE some weeks ago. I haven't found any way to get rid of the message even after spending a couple of hours searching the internet for similar problems.
i was having the same problem with my samsung tv and player, annoying message in centre of screen. I found a solution that is a little on the radical side but it works. Solution i came up with is disconnecting tv speakers internally on tv. I removed the back of my tv (maybe 12 screws} and back comes right off, from there i disconnected the internal tv speakers {one clip to unplug}. Now when i press volume up or down i just have the usual transparent volume icon. It only took me 5 minutes to do and was very straight forward and simple.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Nice!
I will definitely try this out.

/Frederick
hopefully it will work for you also.
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
As soon as I disabled the intenal speakers in the Audio Menu the volume icon stopped displaying.