Amp (in ceiling speakers) + soundbar + sub

• 12 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I moved into a townhouse with in-ceiling speakers pre-installed, so I purchased the newest Amp (as of late 2023) to power them. It works great for steaming music from my phone. It also works great via an HDMI connection between the amp and my TV. 

I want to add a subwoofer and a soundbar so I can:

1- Stream music from my phone and get in-ceiling + subwoofer (soundbar is a bonus, don’t care if it works)

2- Watch TV/movies and get in-ceiling + sub + soundbar

in terms of products I’m thinking about adding, I am thinking Beam 2 and Sub 3rd gen  

will this setup work with what I’m trying to do?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yes it will work.

You really should look at the Arc soundbar if your room is large enough to need it.

If your room is small enough for the Beam it might also do well with the mini-Sub.

Appreciate the reply. That’s good news! I have been kicking it around - going with the Arc + Sub 3. Seems like a lot but I do think the room is probably big enough. 

Roughly 20x20 with high ceilings, and it’s not enclosed. That seems to disqualify the mini sub at least 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The big Sub for sure, your room sounds close to mine and the big Sub serves me well.