Question

Alternative ways to control Night mode and Speech Enhancement on Beam?

• 24 September 2020
  • 1 reply

As far as I can tell, the only way to toggle Nighttime mode and Speech Enhancement on my Sonos Beam is to use the Sonos app on my phone. Is this true? I hate having to power up my phone app just to turn on these functions. Plus, the app has utterly unintuitive navigation.

I have both my Sony TV and my Harmony universal remotes programmed to the Sonos, but they only allow volume control. If the Beam was designed with an IR sensor to allow this, why can’t it also control the on/off control of these two important functions?

I can also control volume (crudely) with Alexa. But when I tell Alexa to turn on nighttime mode, it tells me that function is not supported on my device. When I tell Alexa to turn on speech enhancement, it responds with a bloop and nothing happens.

Surely if the remotes--and Alexa--can control volume, they can be made to control these functions, as well.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Currently it is the only way:worried:

There has been a frequent request to have night mode that can be scheduled by hour.  The alexa command is another good idea.