Question

AF9 with Sonos Arc

• 12 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Apologies for posting a very basic question but could someone from Sonos please advise what my TV sound settings should be please in order to get the best out of the Sonos Arc.

All updates done, Arc HDMI port  in use on the Sony AF9. I'm advised by Richer Sounds that eArc is enabled via updates.  

Source is Sky Q 2TB box; AV setting on the Sky Box is Dolby+

Sub connected as well.

Thank you 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @PaulinBont

Thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me share with you about the Sonos Arc.

The Sonos Arc can play Dolby Atmos audio. ARC and eARC are protocols responsible for sending audio over an HDMI cable to home theater sound systems like Sonos Arc. Sonos Arc must be connected to HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC to play any Dolby Atmos content. Not all TVs have HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC. Your Sony TV AF9 has HDMI and HDMI ARC.

Getting Dolby Atmos audio can also depend on the TV and the format or output must be set to one of our supported home theater audio formats. Some TV and movie streaming services now support Dolby Atmos. Please note that even if a service supports Dolby Atmos, some shows and movies may not have Dolby Atmos audio. Check with your streaming service provider to see if they support Dolby Atmos.

Let me share this community thread that might help you out. We can wait for suggestions and feedback from our Sonos community members, they might provide their opinion about this. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, I'll be glad to assist you.