Answered

Adding (2) One SLs to an existing Sonos Home Theater System

• 29 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Can I add two Gen 2 One SL Speakers as separate front left and right channels to a Sonos Home Theater System that includes a Sonos Play Base, Subwoofer, and two Play Five Surround Sound Speakers that were all purchased in 2018? The Play Base is connected to an LG 4K TV via an optical cable. The rest of the speakers are connected to the Play Base via WiFi.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 March 2022, 20:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No. Your system already has the maximum amount of speakers for that Home Theater “room”.

The Playbase already includes front right, front center, and front left speakers, there’s no way to separate those signals from that device, and send them to external speakers.

Thanks. I appreciate the prompt reply.

Wish I had a better answer for you, I too am waiting for this kind of thing, to use the soundbar as a “center” speaker only, and add disparate right and left speakers. 

I fear it may not be something I should be holding my breath on. 

But you’re most welcome. 

Good Luck. I appreciate the help and it is nice knowing someone else is out there looking for the same options. Take care!