Answered

Added PlayBar to Family Room. But now I have 2 ‘Family Room’ designated rooms

• 6 January 2018
  • 9 replies

Trying to sync playbar to my play 1 speaker in my Family Room but they are separate. When I look at rooms in settings, I have the following:

Family Room
Family Room
Master Bedroom
icon

Best answer by John B 6 January 2018, 23:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Rename one of the Family Rooms so that you can see which speakers they actually represent. Not quite sure what you are trying to do but that will give us a starting point
Just want to link my speaker to the playbar so I can have the same sound, be it music or TV, porting through both simultaneously.
Den is Playbar, Family Room is speaker.
I see add surrounds to playbar. But seems to want 2 speakers. I only have one in this room.
You have to have two speakers for surrounds. What you need to do is group the two rooms. It will sync for music but not perfectly for TV sound.
How do you group the two rooms? I used to have 3 speakers. 2 Play 1s in my family room and 1 in my master bed room.

But the god damned army corps of engineers didn’t warn me that they would pour 52” of water into my home. Alas, the speaker I left on the bar counter when we were rescued by boat wasn’t quite high enough.
On the tab bar at the bottom of the screen, tap the Rooms button. Make sure the Den is highlighted then tap its Group button. Tick Family Room so both rooms are ticked then tap Done. Then tap Browse or Search to choose music. Note that you need to swipe down the Now Playing screen to see the tab bar
Awesome, John B. Thank you, sir.

And guess what? Watching Chiefs Titans and I don’t notice a delay on the sound. Sweet!
Great news! Glad to have helped. Enjoy!