Answered

a quick simple question

• 13 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Help with a simple question i have arc and surrounds and a lgcx tv that has earc which is set up correctly and turned on, in settings ive got digital sound out options with 3 options pcm, auto or pass through my simple question is what should I have it set to, Ive looked all over this forum loads of people have asked the same question but not one answer, loads of answers going around the issue just like a politician would, because I have earc enable does that override all other settings, thank you   

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 13 December 2021, 22:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Pass Through is usually the best setting. But if this doesn’t give you the desired result, try Auto.

Where is the quick, simple question? 

I would set the LG TV settings to use ‘eARC’ and ‘Pass-Through’ …then on any devices you connect to the TV, set their audio-out to ‘Auto’, or if that doesn’t work for any reason, manually select Dolby Atmos/Dolby Digital+/Dolby Digital 5.1 etc. on the connected device.

Badge +1

Thanks for your replies