Answered

5 Sonos Five (dream setup)

• 5 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi community,

i already have 2 Sonos Five connected to my TV and I love them a lot.

I would love to know if we can use a preamplifier for Home Theater and using jack input from each of the 5 Sonos Five to connect them to the preamplifier to get a perfect sound quality.

if yes, how we can connect the Sonos sub or subs?

Thanks for your help

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 March 2021, 08:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Versions of this kind of request have been floating around the forums for years. So far, Sonos has not provided such a device. 

If you were to use some sort of home theater preamplifier with five separate line level outputs,  the delay on a Sonos analog line in would make this not sync up with the screen on your TV. I suppose if you were able to delay the video by somewhere around 70 to 75 ms, it might conceivably work, but you’d need to set up each of the five speakers as a separate room in the Sonos software, group them, and then do volume balancing to get them all sort of the right volume. You could potentially bond a sub to any of the speakers, but it would not ever be the LFE channel (the .1 in 5.1), since there is no way currently to feed a separate signal to a Sonos Sub.