Question

5.1 with Netflix and Chromecast on Samsung TV

• 5 March 2017
  • 1 reply

I own a Samusng UE32D5000 TV. I have the Playbar working as external speaker. I paired two Play:1 with the Playbar, and they play together when sending music. I stream most of the tv I see through the Netflix app on the phone (Samsung Note 3 Android) via Chromecast 2. I have set the sound SPDIF to use Dolby Digital (other option is PCM). However, from the Netflix App I am not able to choose Dolby Digital 5.1 as the sound output. How will I get a 5.1 using the Sonos Playbar for my usage?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hello lsolesen, sorry for the late reply. The PLAYBAR is essentially just a loudspeaker for the TV, it will play any audio that's passed by the TV, whether stereo or Dolby Digital 5.1. Netflix should automatically broadcast a 5.1 signal, and as long as the TV is set to output Dolby Digital, it should pass to the PLAYBAR. You can confirm this in your Sonos app by choosing Settings>About My Sonos System. and looking for the Audio In section below the PLAYBAR. This should tell you the audio signal that's being received.