4k UHD Players able to output PCM 7.1

• 11 November 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

With multichannel PCM now possible what 4k UHD players have functionality to output DTS soundtrack disc as PCM 7.1?

I will start with Oppo203 that is working perfectly through my C9 then onto ARC.

Any other players doing the same?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi

What settings do you have set on C9 and Oppo 203 please, I cannot get audio on my 203 since LPCM update, I have the CX that cannot pass DTS but before I got stereo 2.0, now I get nothing.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Normally my Oppos is set to Bitstream for Atmos but changing to LPCM (bottom image) enables the Sonos system to play PCM7.1 (or 5.1 depending on soundtrack on the disc).

LG C9 settings also attached.

Hopefully not something LG has done in their CX upgrade to prevent this working for you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @BW_falkirk 

Thanks, same settings here, this is annoying then, I don’t know where the issues lies, but it sounds like it could be the CX, I know DTS passthrough is a no go, but it should pass LPCM.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @BW_falkirk 

Thanks, same settings here, this is annoying then, I don’t know where the issues lies, but it sounds like it could be the CX, I know DTS passthrough is a no go, but it should pass LPCM.

Did you previously use the SPDIF to play DTS soundtracks as Dokby Digital 5.1? Just in case you weren't aware that's another option. I just added an HDMI extension to the ARC so I wasn't always changing the HDMI cable into the ARC and potentially damaging the port.

Just meant manually changing input (from TV earc or SPDIF from oppo ,(using HDMI convertor) into the extension 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @BW_falkirk 

Did you previously use the SPDIF to play DTS soundtracks as Dokby Digital 5.1? Just in case you weren't aware that's another option. I just added a splitter to the ARC so I wasn't always changing the HDMI cable into the ARC and potentially damaging the port

No just HDMI, perhaps I should try turning off my devices and back on, I did test it straight after I updated.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @BW_falkirk 

Did you previously use the SPDIF to play DTS soundtracks as Dokby Digital 5.1? Just in case you weren't aware that's another option. I just added a splitter to the ARC so I wasn't always changing the HDMI cable into the ARC and potentially damaging the port

No just HDMI, perhaps I should try turning off my devices and back on, I did test it straight after I updated.

Maybe. If its the CX thats the issue then using the Oppo SPDIF output to at least get Dolby 5.1 instead of DTS is the best I can suggest.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Cheers, just dont understand why I dont even get stereo 2.0 now like I did before, odd.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

hi @BW_falkirk 

Fixed it, just turned off TV and ARC and now get multichannel 5.1/7.1 from DTS discs, sounds much better now.

I guess the TV and ARC just needed to re negotiate the new format after the update, I must of tried it a bit too soon after updating.

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

hi @BW_falkirk 

Fixed it, just turned off TV and ARC and now get multichannel 5.1/7.1 from DTS discs, sounds much better now.

I guess the TV and ARC just needed to re negotiate the new format after the update, I must of tried it a bit too soon after updating.

Thanks

Brilliant news. Really does sound so much better doesn't it

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

hi @BW_falkirk 

Thanks

Brilliant news. Really does sound so much better doesn't it

So much better, don’t miss DTS at all now.