Question

4K BluRay Player to SONOS SoundBar

• 13 February 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

Would anyone be able to help me.

So I have just bought a 4K BluRay Player (Sony UBP-X800 4K Ultra HD) This only has HDMI Video out and HDMI Audio out.

The TV I have is - LG 43UJ630V 43 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR

Would I be able to plug the HDMI audio out of the BluRay player into the HDMI ARC connection on the TV then pass the sound through the TV to the Optical out of the TV into my Playbar?

If that wont work is there anything I can do ?

Thanks all 🙂

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Forgot to mention that I have a PLAY SUB and 2 play3s .... the end goal is the get 4k bluray and 5.1 surround sound
It doesn't need to be the ARC HDMI, if there's only one. It can be any HDMI connector on the TV.

But you need to make sure that both the audio settings on the TV and the BluRay player are set to Dolby Digital. Or that you go in to each disc's settings and choose the Dolby Digital soundtrack.

Unfortunately, there are many BluRay players that don't have the ability to transcode from the standard DTS to what Sonos requires, Dolby Digital. There's a pretty long thread around here about which ones do.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
As far as i know the X800 can't decode DTS to DD5.1 on the fly.