Answered

4 ceiling speakers + arc?

• 30 January 2022
  • 2 replies

I have 4 ceiling speakers, 2 fronts and 2 rears with each pair connected to a Sonos amp (so 2 amps total). I also have an Arc under the TV. Is it possible to have surround audio using all 4 ceiling speakers plus the Arc? So far I’ve been able to connect the Arc with the 2 rear ceiling speakers set up as surrounds, but can’t figure out how to connect the 2 fronts to the Arc and rears. Right now the 2 fronts are their own group, so I can play music through everything, but adding the fronts to the Tv setup doesn’t seem doable. Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 30 January 2022, 21:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

You can only add two surround speakers to the Arc. The Arc alone already acts as the center, front left and front right channels. You can group more speakers but you will experience a slight audio delay from the grouped speakers when listening to TV audio.

You can’t add an extra Amp to an Arc+Amp surround setup, nor would you want to.  Surround speakers are meant to be directional, and having the same output coming from both rear and front speakers would ruin the directionality.  More is not always better.