Question

2020 LG OLED and lip sync

• 19 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Recognizing there’s been a great deal of conversation about this, I’m checking in for thoughts and observations on the current state of affairs with LG OLEDs and lip sync. I’m leaning towards a LG GXPUA OLED (2020 model)- but concerned at what lip sync issues may be awaiting me when i try to connect my playbar to this TV. Secondly, wondering if the eArc set up that’s possible with the new Sonos Arc and this new line of LG OLEDs would offer a better chance of lip sync success? Appreciate thoughts.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

@CarsonPlower Sorry for the slow reply and thank you for bringing your concerns to us in the Sonos Community. We really cannot guess at what if scenarios. I would ask that after you setup the Playbar up to your TV and if you observe any TV audio delay please let us know if the delay is before the TV audio and then seeing the lips move in the TV video or if its the TV video is moving and then hear the TV audio/delay. Lastly, I would ask that you also include an updated diagnostic report number in your reply when you’re having the delay issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@CarsonPlower Sorry for the slow reply and thank you for bringing your concerns to us in the Sonos Community. We really cannot guess at what if scenarios. I would ask that after you setup the Playbar up to your TV and if you observe any TV audio delay please let us know if the delay is before the TV audio and then seeing the lips move in the TV video or if its the TV video is moving and then hear the TV audio/delay. Lastly, I would ask that you also include an updated diagnostic report number in your reply when you’re having the delay issue.

Thanks John - however, to clarify, I’m not asking anyone to guess at what if scenarios. I’m inquiring if any one has first hand knowledge of the success of this specific configuration. E.g. Existing owners. I’m planning to base my purchase (both the OLED TV and the Sonos arc) on that intel. 

Since there are currently no Sonos devices with eARC, and the S2 software that supports the Arc has not been released, and likely won’t be until the Arc itself is released, it’s a bit hard for anyone to give specific answers to your question.