2018 Samsung model?? getting only Dolby 2.0

• 27 April 2021
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I have a old 2018 Samsung forgot which model but I’m getting Dolby 2.0 and not 5.1?

I have the Sonos Arc, 2x SL for the rear and Sub3. Connect with HDMI on arc connection.

I was streaming movie on the TV with Netflix and HBO with Dolby 5.1 etc… but still getting Dolby 2.0 and I have switch to pcm and bitstream and still get Dolby 2.0.  It sound great but just wondering if i did something wrong.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

It could be that your TV cannot pass through 5.1 audio from its streaming apps. What specific model Samsung do you have? Do you use any external media devices?

I have the Samsung MU8000 Series 8, I do have ps4 pro that is collecting dust.

• I wonder if its depend on internet connection?

Userlevel 7

In your TV audio settings, set HDMI Input Audio Format to Bitstream and Digital Output Audio Format to Dolby Digital Plus.

And make sure the Streaming Quality settings on your Netflix account is set to High or Auto. 

Never mind, its HBO they didn’t show 5.1 they offer atmos which my tv is not compatible with.  Netflix and Disney+ firing out 5.1 and sound great.

Thank you, for your time to help!

Userlevel 7

According to this article, you should still be able to get Dolby Digital Plus audio from HBO Max:
https://help.hbomax.com/Answer/Detail/40