2 screens 1 Arc

• 11 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi

i have a lcd and a projector in the same room , only watch one at a time , I have the Arc going into the lcd , is there anyway I can’t get the sound with the projector, I can’t have both screens on at the same time as my source is sky q Iv got a hdmi splinter which plays one screen at a time

thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @jamiequ12, welcome to the Sonos Community! I understand that you want to make them all work together and just to let you know that our soundbars are designed to be connected to a TV. In your case, I think it’s best to connect the Arc to the Sky Q box since it’s your source and to get the most out of the Sonos Arc, it needs to be connected to the HDMI eARC port of the source and for display, it should be connected to your source. More here

Hope this helps. We and the community are always here to help.

Hi 

thanks for the reply , there is only one hdmi in and one out , the tv is connect to it , the arc is connect to the tv , do you think I should connect the arc to the sky hdmi In , and then use a splitter to connect both tv and projector?

Thanks again 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @jamiequ12, sorry for the late response. If your source is the Sky Q box, yes try to connect the Arc to it and use a splitter whichever works for you to switch between TV and projector. 

Just let us know. We and the community are always here to help.

Hi 

thanks for that , so there’s a in and out hdmi on the sky , you are saying Arc into the in and split to 2 coming out , it’s only I read somewhere the in on the sky doesn’t do anything as yet , it is for future use by sky

t

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Krishma M The Arc needs at least an ARC-connection, eARC would be better. Working with the optical adaptor is also a possibility, but will lose you the Atmos capability.

As I seem to remember the Sky box has no ARC, nor eARC, are you sure your proposed set up (HDMI to splitter to TV, projector and Arc) would work? As I understand a set up like this would only work when you would use the optical connection on the Sky box. Connect that to the Arc. Images would go via HDMI (using a splitter) to TV and projector. As I said, no Atmos (or sound from apps on the TV) off the Arc this way.

Hi thank for your reply , do you think it would make a big difference not having the Atmos working 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks. Thanks for the responses and assistance, @106rallye. And yes, to get the most out of the Sonos Arc, you need to connect it to HDMI ARC or better to an eARC port to experience the cinema-quality sound for yourself.

Arc represents an immersive and 3D listening experience made possible by the up-firing speaker drivers, essentially creating an “arc” of sound over the listener.

Arc supports hi-res audio formats like Dolby Atmos through HDMI ARC and eARC, as they have better bandwidth capabilities compared to optical. While it may be possible to achieve these formats by using the optical adapter, most TVs only support hi-res audio formats over HDMI.

Hope this helps. We and the community are always here to help.