Welcome to Home theater

Discuss Beam, Playbar, Playbase, and the entire Sonos home theater experience.

5333 Topics

Home Theater and Television Recommendation Megathread

Looking for information on Sonos home theater setups? Find answers about surround sound, Dolby Digital, TV recommendations, and all the rest to get the best possible theater experience on Sonos here....

2018 Panasonic 4K LED and Sonos Beam - ARC Connection
Question

Sonos Beam seems unable to pair with Panasonic TV - App runs through all the usual setup and everything goes well until it mentions finding the ARC connection. Asks to Enable CEC on TV menu etc. Unabl...

New Sonos Beam Owner

New to the Sonos world so this is my first purchase to replace an aging Yamaha AV receiver and floorstanders, the wife is happy with the extra space she now has! Bought from John Lewis with the benef...

Beam as a computer speaker
Answered

Is it possible to use Beam as a computer speaker with the use of hdmi port?

Sonos beam lip sync issue
Question

Setup the new beam today, no problem getting it working. Problem is with lip sync - I have a Samsung UHD 8000 series with Sky (in the UK). Beam is connected via ARC. Tried adjusting delay via the app...

Volume issues with AirPlay 2 from Apple TV 4K to Beam
Question

I just got the Beam and done some testing with Apple TV 4K. With the "normal" setup (Apple TV > HDMI > TV > HDMI ARC > Beam) everything works perfectly fine and sound quality is great. However, I want...

Sonos Beam lipsync issue
Question

Hi Just set up the Beam, its hooked up to a LG 49UH652T using the supplied HDMI cable. Two issues: 1. Theres a lipsync problem when watching free to air television 2. Alexa cant control the tv on/o...

Sonos Beam Tv Control On and Off
Question

Would anybody know why I can turn ON my tv using the Beam with Alexa but can’t turn it back off using the voice commands?

Beam, PS4, DD 5.1, Blu Ray

When a Beam is connected via HDMI arc, how should a PS4 be configured to output surround sound for Blu Ray playback? I can't get an option to output bitstream(mix) on the PS4 Blu Ray app.

Sonos Beam / LG C7 / TV-box lip sync problem
Answered

Hallo, I purchased the new Sonos Beam today. My TV is a OLED LG65C7V. I have used the included HDMI from Sonos to connect my Beam to the HDMI2 (ARC)-port on the TV. To watch TV (regular broadcasting...

If you're experiencing audio delay issues, read this
Answered

I've been living with lip sync issues (audio behind the video) since I got my Playbar about a year ago but I finally decided to do something about it. After multiple conversations with Sonos support a...

Beam + Apple TV Remote
Question

Hello! How can I use my Apple TV remote to control the volume? Thanks!

Sonos Connect Connectivity: HDMI

Are there plans to release a Sonos Connect type device with HDMI connectivity? Here's why I ask. The HDMI connection between my TV and receiver allows my TV to both power up the receiver and to dir...

New Sonos Beam -> xbox one 5.1 sound?
Question

Setting up a new Sonos Beam, audio sounds great as expected when playing music or when the xbox is set to sterio. But, I cannot get it to play when setting the xbox to 5.1 or bitstream (dd). My TV s...

Beam IR trouble

My beam is working connected to a new-ish LG 4K tv via ARC. However the beam IR receiver doesn’t do anything with my remote controls and the beam is concealing my TV IR receiver. How can I fix this pa...

Raspberry pi being used with Irule to control Home Theater Devices

Hi, I'm rather new to Raspberry Pi's, but I've watched some videos on Python and I'm a Industrial Automation programmer, so most of this stuff makes a bit of sense to me. What I'm trying to do: The o...

Using Beam with HDMI-ARC and Infrared Remote (IR) sensor blocked for volume
Answered

Hello, can the beam adjust volume using TV's IR remote if it is connected via HDMI-ARC? The Beam will cover my TV's IR sensor but I would like to connect it via HDMI. Will I be able to adjust volume t...

Message " One of your speakers could be unplugged" is coming up for Play base speaker

Message " One of your speakers could be unplugged" is coming up for Play base speaker" even though it is connected. But the Playbase is working fine with TV . I noticed this issue from the time i upgr...

Beam : How to return to TV sound after streaming music?
Answered

Have my Beam set up with my Sony Bravia tv via Arc, sounding great. If I then stream some music, I then can’t find how I revert back to the TV sound once the music is stopped, I’m having to turn the T...

No 5.1 from Netflix and Beam
Question

Just got myself a Beam to go with my two Play 1s as rears.I think I have it working ok apart from the fact that when I select a 5.1 stream from the Netflix app on my Shield there is no sound.If I sele...

Beam vocals & system sounds distorted
Answered

I haven't been able to complete tuning (too many people in my summer place!) but vocals and system chimes and beeps are distorting on my new Beam. Is this normal before tuning or might I have a bad sp...

Beam and LG OLEDs -Audio delay over Dolby DIgital still a problem?
Question

Has anyone connected a Beam to an LG OLED tv and tested whether the audio is delayed when using Dolby Digital? My Beam is scheduled to arrive tomorrow (canceled my B&H order and ordered on the Sonos...

Sonos Beam low volume

Got my Beam today (16th) and am pleased with it so far, but I'm having to boost the TV volume much higher that it was with the TV speakers. Without the Beam the TV was at about the right volume at a s...

How to combine my current setup, using a receiver, with Sonos?
Answered

I have 6 devices that I have currently connected (using HDMI) to an Yamaha receiver with 5.1 wired speakers, and sending the video to my TV. How can I get rid of the Yamaha receiver and connect the 6...

No HDMI ARC on TV
Answered

I just purchased a Beam (I haven't picked it up yet), but I realized that I don't have an HDMI ARC on my TV. I do have an optical out on my Toshiba. But I have read that I won't be able to control the...

Badges

• Badge
    Rncry earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    deadeye661 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    ktnation15 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    KJames earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    ml49 earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings