Welcome to Home theater

Discuss PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, and the Sonos home theater experience.

4924 Topics

Home Theater and Television Recommendation Megathread

Looking for information on Sonos home theater setups or details on PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE, our home theater solutions? Find answers about surround sound, Dolby Digital, TV recommendations, and all the re...

Playbase TV Optical Input Quiet - Please Fix it Sonos

Hi Sonos and Sonos Community members, I’ve had a playbase for a few months and there is one thing is really annoying and destroying the user experience. I’ve seen a lot of threads about this problem:...

If you're experiencing audio delay issues, read this

I've been living with lip sync issues (audio behind the video) since I got my Playbar about a year ago but I finally decided to do something about it. After multiple conversations with Sonos support a...

Optical connector

The little black piece on the back of the soundbar broke and t he connector will not stay. How do I get it fixed?

DTS, Dolby 5.1 on Playbar, 2015 edition!

Hi all I am writing this post in the hope it may help those struggling with the above issue(s). The first topic which appears on this in Google is the post at https://en.community.sonos.com/home-thea...

Surrounds (Play1s) and Sub dropping in and out

This is driving me mad. I have a background in IT and my undergraduate studies was in computer networks. I would think I'd be able to resolve this issue but absolutely nothing has worked and I'm offic...

Playbar Switching Between TV and Music

I just purchased a Sonos Playbar. Everything works perfectly. I can go to the app and play music while I’m watching TV but how do I switch back to the TV audio without turning the TV off and on?

Playbase with sub and play 5 pair

Hi all, Currently I have two gen 1 play 5’s set up as a stereo pair with a sub attached. I’ve just added a play base to my tv. My question is while listening to music if I pair my sub to the play...

Play 1 and Play bar issue

I have a play bar, a sub and two play 1's. The app let me set up the play bar, the sub and one of the play 1's no problems. How ever the other play1 connects, but says it is part of the play bar. howe...

Adding third Play:1 to Surround

I have the full 5.1 including the playbar, sub and two Play:1 speaker. Can I add a third Play:1 speaker to enhance sound watching movies, etc?

How to switch/share Play:5 speakers between stereo pair and surround speakers for playbar (& back)?

I have a pair of Play:5's (gen2) that I use a a stereo pair for listening to music and I have a Playbar attached to the TV that I use for normal TV viewing. On occasion of watching a movie (a couple...

Optical input loose in Playbar

The optical cable supplied with the playbar fits nicely into the TV. However, it seems to be a bit loose in the Playbar. You can remove it almost by blowing. It works, but does not feel very solid, no...

Connect & amplifier

Hello i wondered if someone can help?? I have just got a connect amp and as my speakers are wired i have bought some rca to speaker wire adaptors. Fitted to back of connect and the volume is horrendou...

Sonos Switches From Music to TV

I’ve been listening to music with the tv on in the background. Without prompting, the Sonos will change to TV. Is this the TV prompting the change? Why does this happen?

Surround Cuts Out

My Sonos Play 3 wireless speakers and my wireless sub cut out intermittently while the TV is playing. I have NOT noticed this problem when I'm playing music from my phone. My TV has a soundbar which c...

Sound blu ray player

Is it possible to hear the sound of a blu ray player directly via the soundbar and not via the tv?

How can I configure LG Magic remote with Sonos playbar. TV Model LG 55" 4K UHD OLED Smart-TV OLED55B7V

How can I configure LG Magic remote with Sonos playbar. TV Model LG 55" 4K UHD OLED Smart-TV OLED55B7V

Playbar crackling sound

I have a 5.1 setup (playbar, sub, 2 play:1s). Recently, the playbar has a crackling and static like sound coming out of it when I watching cable tv (cox). I have an optical cable running from the pla...

High Pitch Noise When Idle

Hi, I see that there have been other users with this issue, but I am having issues with a very high pitched noise when the speakers go to an idle station (channel not in use) or when a message is on...

No Sound with Smart Apps or Inputs but get Sound with TV

I only get sound from Playbar with FIOS cable input and the sound stays connected even though I change to a smart App like Amazon, Netflix or Youtube I get no sound. I also get no sound when changing...

Connect:amp and existing speakers in Home Cinema

We are building a brand new home from scratch. One room will be a TV and music room and I want decent sound. I have a connect:amp and a pair of Monitor Audio BX5 floor standing speakers. These current...

sonos with monitor

hello i don't have any expérience with sonos devices , it is possible to connect sonos with a vip monitor arm based processor

Crackling sound from playbar

Diagnostic number 7486455 Hi team, recently I have been having a few issues with a crackling sound coming from my playbar. I haven't had this happened before and I don't use the speakers on a regula...

Sonos vs Heos

I currently have a couple of Play 1's around the house and a Playbar in the living room, with two Play 1's as rear surrounds. As has been covered to death on this forum, Sonos will not (or cannot due...

Creating 5.1 with non-Sonos Subwoofer

Sub disabled when Setting up SONOS CONNECT:AMP as Surround Rears Why are you disabling the subwoofer out when configuring the Connect Amp to drive non-Sonos rear speakers with a Playbar? I have...

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Recently online