Welcome to Home theater

Discuss Beam, Playbar, Playbase, and the entire Sonos home theater experience. How do you set up a Sonos 5.1 system? Which Sonos work with your TV? Ask your home theater questions here.

Please add support for DTS for the Sonos Playbar.

A hifi homecinema soundbar without dts support seems not up to date for me. Are there any plans to add dts support?

List of TV’s that will pass 5.1 from HDMI Sources to PlayBar

All, Would you mind listing your TV and mode/year in this thread if you have tested it and confirmed it will pass DD 5.1 to the Playbar and from what source. This will help those of us in the market...

If you're experiencing audio delay issues, read this

I've been living with lip sync issues (audio behind the video) since I got my Playbar about a year ago but I finally decided to do something about it. After multiple conversations with Sonos support a...

Play Full Stereo Through Satellites Bonded with PLAYBAR

I have just bought a Playbar. I already had a set up in my living room of two Play 3s (as a stereo pair) and a Sonos sub. I have been very happy with the sound quality for music playback on the 2 pla...

playbar works but surround play 3 speakers don't
Answered

my sonos play bar and surround sound play 3's work perfectly when i play music or apple tv but when on tv nothing comes out of surround sound speakers. all my components are connected into the tv and...

Playbar

Any more info ? http://engt.co/UuxKUy

Home Theater and Television Recommendation Megathread

Looking for information on Sonos home theater setups? Find answers about surround sound, Dolby Digital, TV recommendations, and all the rest to get the best possible theater experience on Sonos here....

4K/UHD bluray players that decode DTS to Dolby?

With 4K bluray players starting to emerge now, seems we really need to start keeping straight which ones will allow those of us with Sonos Playbars enjoy some semblance of Dolby sound when certain 4K...

Samsung JS/JU Model TVs Audio Issue with PLAYBAR
Answered

We've determined there to be an issue with Dolby Digital playback devices (including the Sonos PLAYBAR) and Samsung televisions in the JS and JU series. An example of a TV model number of this line wo...

Solving the 5.1, DTS issues with the Playbar

This thread is specifically for those who are trying to understand the Playbars 5.1 and DTS issues. As most of you know the Playbar does not convert DTS signal. It also will only convert 2.0 to SIMUL...

Make the PLAYBAR in White

All of my components are in white in my living room, aswell as all of my sonos play:3 and play:5.... Are there any plans on bringing the Playbar in white?

The Playbar 'DTS Decision'

So it's now been decided. Playbar is not planned to have any DTS update. See here https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/please_add_support_for_dts_for_the_sonos_playbar I'm very disappointed to say th...

High pitch playbar noise

Hi there, just installed my new playbar. When not emitting music / sound (so when it is powered on but idle) the playbar is emitting a high pitch noise. It's just about audible - but as it is so high...

Can people stop complaining about DTS?

Not sure where to post but I need to chime in. I love this forum, but a question for all the complainers of DTS not being supported. Did you actually research before you purchased this very expensive...

Delay compensation when used with AV receivers

When using the pre-outs of the ZonePlayer into a receiver or Pre/pro, and then having that unit process the signal in any way that requires digitizing the input, there is obviously a slight delay. Us...

DTS, Dolby 5.1 on Playbar, 2015 edition!

Hi all I am writing this post in the hope it may help those struggling with the above issue(s). The first topic which appears on this in Google is the post at https://en.community.sonos.com/home-thea...

Sonos doesn’t really do “5.1”

Before you buy any SONOS equipment to achieve a 5.1 setup please consider this: a Denon AVRX2400 AV Amp, Elac CINEMA 5.1 speaker system, all cables professionally installed behind the walls gives you...

Sonos Sub - Confirmed by Crutchfield e-Newsletter

Got an email this AM from Crutchfield announcing a wireless sub from Sonos: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_616SUB/Sonos-Sub.html

No Airplay 2 for Playbar. GUTTED !!!!!

Extremely disappointed today to learn that the £700 current and only soundbar from Sonos will NOT have the AirPlay 2 feature, which we (Apple users) have been so looking forward to. Also gutted as we...

Programable Buttons on SONOS Components

In response to @vowe on Twitter: http://twitter.com/vowe/status/302458840371318784 New on vowe dot net :: Yes, @Sonos, I have further questions. And I am letting you know here. :: bit.ly/11KHAa7 /cc:...

PLAYBAR Prerelease Information
Answered

I saw your release about the Playbar and am very interested. How does it connect to my TV, Blu Ray, Cable, etc? I saw it said via optical cord, but what kind of optical? Which device is it best to...

Sonos Playbar sound issue? Dialogues in movies/shows are not easy to understand fully.

When my wife and I are watching TV, we are noticing that we are having some difficulty fully understanding what the people in the show are saying. It's as if it's not fully clear or as my wife would...

Step it up Sonos - New competition from Bose

Interesting - two competitors to Sonos announced this week -- Sonos-competition announced today from Bose (which includes a long-requested from Sonos battery-powered portable) -- and one from Samsung....

Sonos S14 thoughts and wishes

Hi. I actually enlisted all my Sonos for sale, as I think Sonos isn't up to date and actually doesn't have the visions to be (for us surround users) updated, only for multiroom purpose. BUT, now s14...

TV remote for grouped devices issue

When I group a Connect AMP and Playbar (which is connected to a TV), I can't control the volume using the TV's remote as a group, it only adjusts the volume of the play bar. This means I have to reset...

Badges

• Badge
    bs49 earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    ChuckCo earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    Jens Almdkou earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    keats earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    FergusP earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings