Welcome to Home theater

Discuss Beam, Playbar, Playbase, and the entire Sonos home theater experience. How do you set up a Sonos 5.1 system? Which Sonos work with your TV? Ask your home theater questions here.

Is there a way to use Playbar with an Interactive Display which offers 3.5mm Audio out?
Question

It's a SMART board interactive display, we have Sonos everywhere else around the office and would like to use a Playbar for this screen, as the internal speakers are a little lousy! Is there a convert...

Bose Cinemate II + Sonos Connect + Samsung TV?
Answered

I just bought the Playbar+Sub+Play1s for a 5.1 setup in my living room. Super happy with it and excited to expand the system throughout my house. I am going to set up an old 1080p Samsung 47” flatscr...

Sonos Playbase and LG 75UK6500

Does anyone have experience in using the Sonos Playbase together with the 75" LG 75UK6500 Smart-TV? I have ordered the TV, and considers going for the Sonos Playbase. Have not bought it yet, and wante...

Hooking up Sonos Connect to Denon receiver

I recently hooked up my Sonos connnect to my Denon receiver using RCA cables and the DVD inputs on the receiver. The sound quality isn’t great, there is a good amount of static noise and the volume ha...

Playbase with Harmony and Apple TV
Answered

I have a somewhat unusual setup. In my living room, I have an Apple TV, a projector and a Playbase. The HDMI signal goes through an audio extractor to feed the optical connection to the Playbase. In m...

Cracking sound while playing PS4

Hi all, Since quite some time now I'm having the issue that my Playbar stops audio for a brief moment or cracks while playing games on my PS4. I've already replaced my HDMI cable with a brand new one...

Android TV Box recommendation for Dolby Digital 5.1
Question

I have a Nvidia Shield TV, which I really love, but unfortunately it cannot decode DTS and Dolby Digital Plus to Dolby Digital 5.1. So when I'm watching Netflix I will only get the audio in Stereo for...

Beam with Samsung Anynet+ volume control
Answered

My Samsung TV and Beam are connect using ARC. When I use my TV remote to change the volume, I get 2 different size volume dialogs popup and the volume changes by 2 instead of 1. I assume the remote co...

Sonos playbase power cable
Question

I purchased a Sonos playbase and am very happy with it. However the power cable slips out with the slightest touch. Does anyone else have this problem?

How does the sub actually change your setup?

Obviusley I know the sub ads a lot more bass to your setup but I'm wondering how it changes it all? Does is alter what sounds come out of the beam and 2 Play1:s I already have set up? For example wi...

Autoplay from Playbar to a Connect
Question

I'm looking at buying a Playbar to my system but before I do I need to make sure I can set the input on the Playbar to always autoplay on a Connect zone. The TV I'm looking at adding this to is in ou...

Switching between sonos and TV
Question

Years ago I bought the playbar and tried it out. I ended up returning it because it was difficult to change between TV sound and SONOS. At the time you had to use the app. So if you came home and turn...

Individual volume setting for rear speakers in a 5.1 setup

Not sure if this has been discussed before and was hoping Trueplay would sort this out but it doesn't. My normal sitting position is near to my rear right play 1 rear speaker which means I can't hear...

Analog to digital Sonos Beam issues
Question

I am trying out the Sonos beam but wanted to connect my projector to the beam using phono cables... But since there is only a HDMI input I bought an Analog to digital Audio Converter - Goobay (https:/...

Sonos Sub In a Tenement Flat

Hi, I currently have a Playbase and several play 1’s. I was considering buying the sub to pair and make 5.1. I live in a ground floor tenement flat (old hardwood floors) and was wondering if it is w...

Chromecast Netflix and Sonos Playbar -- The Saga Continues

I've spent hours researching how to play a Netflix show, through Google Chrome Browser (on a Mac), through a Chromecast streaming device. I then need to split the HDMI signal coming out of Chromecast...

Disconnect AMP’s (HDMI) ARC
Question

How to switch on and off the input from TV connected with HDMI ARC? My Sony AF8 has a brilliant sound - so I want to be able to easily switch from AMP sound to TV sound - but it seems not to be possi...

Can I connect a pair of Play:1s with a Sonos Amp to create surround sound?
Answered

As part of a home renovation, I am installing a new Sonos Amp off which will run a pair of ceiling speakers (B&W CCM664). These will be front L & R speakers through which the TV will run as well as a...

Beam won’t connect to series 7 Samsung TV
Question

Bought my second Beam and Samsung Series 7 tv today and followed the setup procedure, I’ve tried HDMI IN THE ARC port, I’ve trid the optical in and neither work. I have another Beam in the family room...

How to connect Sonso to new TV without RCA outpuT
Question

Just got a new Samsung TV that has no Analog output anymore, only HDMI and optical. My Sonos Connect only has Analog (red-white cable) input. How do I connect my new TV to my Sonos Connect?

Samsung TV Interface
Question

Have 2 Amps connected to Samsung TV through HDMI Arc. When TV is off the Amps cause the TV stand by light to flash. It should normally not flash when off. Suggestions?

Wireless Card Failed on Playbase

Hi has anybody else had problems with the wireless cards on any of the speakers ? Bought a playbase November 2017 in March 2018 the wireless card failed, it was replaced instantly by Currys now a year...

Sony KD65X8500F & Sonos 5.1
Question

Hi guys, I have just purchased a new Sony KD65X8500F and am wanting to pair it with my Sonos system (playbar, sub, 2x Play 3) I cannot seem to get Dolby 5.1 in the “about my Sonos system” section of t...

Sanus speaker stands
Answered

Anyone using the Sanus speaker stands? Any difference to sound quality for Play1 or Play 3? https://www.harveynorman.com.au/sanus-wireless-speaker-stand-for-sonos-one-play-1-play-3-black.html?CAWELAI...

Sonos 5.1 v Dolby Atmos soundbars

What would be your opinion on a Sonos 5.1 setup vs Dolby Atmos soundbars like these https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123316040405

Badges

• Badge
    bs49 earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    ChuckCo earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    Jens Almdkou earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    keats earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    FergusP earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings