Welcome to Home theater

Discuss Beam, Playbar, Playbase, and the entire Sonos home theater experience. How do you set up a Sonos 5.1 system? Which Sonos work with your TV? Ask your home theater questions here.

List of TV’s that will pass 5.1 from HDMI Sources to PlayBar

All, Would you mind listing your TV and mode/year in this thread if you have tested it and confirmed it will pass DD 5.1 to the Playbar and from what source. This will help those of us in the market...

Home Theater and Television Recommendation Megathread

Looking for information on Sonos home theater setups? Find answers about surround sound, Dolby Digital, TV recommendations, and all the rest to get the best possible theater experience on Sonos here....

connecting sonos to my tv
Answered

I have a pair of Sonos Play 3's and a Sonos Bridge. Could you give me all my options for connecting them to a TV/Laptop. Thank you very much

Solving the 5.1, DTS issues with the Playbar

This thread is specifically for those who are trying to understand the Playbars 5.1 and DTS issues. As most of you know the Playbar does not convert DTS signal. It also will only convert 2.0 to SIMUL...

Samsung TV won't pass through 5.1 on optical out if input is HDMI, need suggestions

I have a Playbar, and a Samsung TV that won't pass through 5.1 from its optical out if the input is HDMI. Our Motorola cable box is connected to our TV using HDMI, and I want to get the 5.1 when I wat...

Convince me to buy Sonos Playbar over Bose 300

Hi All, My wife likes the Sonos Playbar, while I like the Bose 300. I have owned Bose products in the past. Listening to the demo at Best Buy, the Bose sounds better. The sales people say the Sono...

If you're experiencing audio delay issues, read this

I've been living with lip sync issues (audio behind the video) since I got my Playbar about a year ago but I finally decided to do something about it. After multiple conversations with Sonos support a...

DTS, Dolby 5.1 on Playbar, 2015 edition!

Hi all I am writing this post in the hope it may help those struggling with the above issue(s). The first topic which appears on this in Google is the post at https://en.community.sonos.com/home-thea...

Recommendations on Optical Audio Switcher for Playbar?

Someone recommended an automatic 2 input optical audio switcher in one of the original playbar threads. It was from monoprice and the link is dead, and a search on monoprice makes it look like it's di...

Playbar

Any more info ? http://engt.co/UuxKUy

What was sonos Thinking with Playbar re:5.1?

I think the Sonos Playbar is a fantastic piece of equipment on it's own and perhaps with a sub for 3.1. However, with respect to the ability to add a pair of surround sound for 5.1s... I'm at a huge l...

Delay compensation when used with AV receivers

When using the pre-outs of the ZonePlayer into a receiver or Pre/pro, and then having that unit process the signal in any way that requires digitizing the input, there is obviously a slight delay. Us...

How can I configure LG Magic remote with Sonos playbar. TV Model: 55LM7600
Answered

Tried all options but it doesn't work. Suggestions given on this thread are not applicable as those options don't show up on my TV: http://forums.sonos.com/showthread.php?t=37555.. Very frustrating

Sonos Playbar 2 with HDMI and other additional features

I completely understand the problem to add DTS re-coding to the current Playbar due to the fact of introducing audio delay. And since the Sonos Playbar is only responsible for audio, this delay can'...

how do I connect my own subwoofer?
Answered

ok so I have a playbar and i have a tanoy subwoofer. this one http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-3875-discontinued-tannoy-sfx-subwoofer-black.aspx what do i need to do to connect this subwoofer with the pla...

Sonos Connect and Apple TV/Airport Express

Hi, Have recently bought a Sonos Connect (attached to hi-fi in living room), Play 5 (in kitchen) and bridge (connected to Draytek router) and all seem to work fine. How do I check or change which Wi...

Volume control using Samsung Smart TV remote?

Calling all Samsung Smart TV Plasma/ LED owners - I think there are several here. I have a PN51F8500A 3D Plasma and UN55F8000BFXZA 3D LED but both remotes would not work to control Sonos Playbar volu...

Playbar wall mount

I am curious if SONOS thought about how they expect the Playbar to be wall mounted with the wiring concealed. From the looks of it, and the optional wall bracket, they did not think to hard. Surely...

how do i get rid of not available message that pops up on my samsung when pressing the volume button

The Playbar 'DTS Decision'

So it's now been decided. Playbar is not planned to have any DTS update. See here https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/please_add_support_for_dts_for_the_sonos_playbar I'm very disappointed to say th...

Choosing between Sonos and Bose Cinema Set

Dear users, I went to a store where they had the Sonos Playbar, which i found really nice, but I also went to the Bose store and listened to the cinemate GS 2, which sounded a little bit better than...

It's 2016! Make PlayBar Gen 2 for DTS / Fix Aux for Play 5 GEN 2
Answered

I know, it's another DTS thread. Sonos, I have used your products over many years. I am very impressed and right now, you are the Apple of Speakers when it comes to terms of quality and sound. I ow...

Controlling Playbar sound with TV remote

I've just bought and set up a new Samsung UA55F8000AM television, along with a Sonos Playbar, Sub and 2x Play:1 for a home theatre set up. The set up has gone relatively well, however I'm having troub...

Dolby Atmos

Why did the new Playbase not integrate Dolby Atmos?

Playbase: Sonos no longer recommandable for home theater

Hello, today I read the specifications of the brand new Playbase. What have I waited for a new gen2 Playbar, supporting DTS, DD+, maybe having HDMI or (now I am getting really crazy) supporting Dolby...

Badges

• Badge
    bs49 earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    ChuckCo earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    Jens Almdkou earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    keats earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    FergusP earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings