Skip to main content

Just got the Arc and have it paired with 2 Play:1’s and a gen 3 sub. 
Samsung Q80R tv. 

The sound from the tv will play for around 5 seconds and then cut out for around 1 second, play for 5, out for 1, on and on. 

I’ve swapped out the hdmi cable twice, tried unplugging the tv, switched between PCM and DD+ and switched between different apps on the tv. 

The sonos app shows that I am getting an atmos signal  

Was running a beam with the Play:1’s (but no sub) before just fine.

Not sure what I should try next.

Thank you,

mike

Please I need some ideas.  I have a Samsung 98 inch Neo QLED QN90A (QN98QN90AAFXZA) and a sonos ARC with two ERA 300 for surround and 2 Gen3 subs.  The Arc is connected to the tvs EARC port.  I get sound find and I am able to pass through Atmos, and dolby digital plus and others. I tried to stream from my nvidia shield 2019 and via plex I get sound cutting out. I have tried it via netflix same thing.  I also get the audio cutting out on Youtube and plex on the native TV apps.  Here are the steps I have tried to fix this:

1-Replaced all HDMI cables

2-Tried different input ports for shield

3-Replaced my ARC with a brand new one (up to date with latest firmware as of 4-27-2024)

4-Replaced my shield with a 2nd one around the house(up to date with latest firmware as of 4-27-2024)

5-Tried testing it directly from tv app vs shield same issue

6-Tried messing with the settings on the tv like earc auto and off, pass-though on and auto

7-Adjusted the delay to sync the earc (this seems to help but not fix the issue)

8-I tested the adapter of toslink with the hdmi and I think this works but is not viable solution as I cant get Atmos or control the sound very easily

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the port is bad on the TV.  Please someone out there has to have a solution.  At this point I am willing to buy anything to fix. I have already spent a ton of time and money and I cant get to the bottom of the issue.

Is there a fix for this yet? I have a Samsung TV and an arc, sub and 2 x SL ones.

Sound on arc cuts out for about 2 seconds every 15 minutes or so.

Is there a fix for this yet? I have a Samsung TV and an arc, sub and 2 x SL ones.

Sound on arc cuts out for about 2 seconds every 15 minutes or so.

Have had the same issues since I’ve owned the arc for almost a year! How is there not a fix for this yet! Gone through two different Samsung tvs and still have the same dropping audio issue randomly. Ive tried all the fixes that are “recommended” to kick the can down the road! @Sonos, do better and get this issue resolved for once!

Please I need some ideas.  I have a Samsung 98 inch Neo QLED QN90A (QN98QN90AAFXZA) and a sonos ARC with two ERA 300 for surround and 2 Gen3 subs.  The Arc is connected to the tvs EARC port.  I get sound find and I am able to pass through Atmos, and dolby digital plus and others. I tried to stream from my nvidia shield 2019 and via plex I get sound cutting out. I have tried it via netflix same thing.  I also get the audio cutting out on Youtube and plex on the native TV apps.  Here are the steps I have tried to fix this:

1-Replaced all HDMI cables

2-Tried different input ports for shield

3-Replaced my ARC with a brand new one (up to date with latest firmware as of 4-27-2024)

4-Replaced my shield with a 2nd one around the house(up to date with latest firmware as of 4-27-2024)

5-Tried testing it directly from tv app vs shield same issue

6-Tried messing with the settings on the tv like earc auto and off, pass-though on and auto

7-Adjusted the delay to sync the earc (this seems to help but not fix the issue)

8-I tested the adapter of toslink with the hdmi and I think this works but is not viable solution as I cant get Atmos or control the sound very easily

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the port is bad on the TV.  Please someone out there has to have a solution.  At this point I am willing to buy anything to fix. I have already spent a ton of time and money and I cant get to the bottom of the issue.

Please let me know if you come to a solution as I’m also in the same boat, and am sick and tired of it! Sonos finally needs to find a fix for this, it’s been an issue for far too long!

This sounds like a capability issue with Samsung and Sonos. I had no issues when i first had this set up. but around a year and more ago theses audio drop out issues happen.

Ive done the following troubleshooting and have been working with Support. it would be great if they could accept it was an issue between them and Samsung and focus on that.

• Factory reset Sonos Arc
  • Factory reset Samsung QA75QN
  • Replaced HDMI cable
  • Tested audio settings as per this link 
  • Tested Audio from Sonos from app - no issues
  • Tested Audio from Sonos over HDMI to Samsung Optical port (Sonos HDMI to Optical converter) - no issues tv plays fine. however you lose Dolby Atmos and the ARC features.
  • Tested on another Samsung S95B ( audio issues where worse, more often at the start of playing something and got better as time went on)
  • Tested on Panasonic TH-65HZ1500Z - no issues

ive been suggested from support to now reach out to support over the phone (currently no phone support NZ) and today i go to chat again and they are offline today.

Just got the Arc and have it paired with 2 Play:1’s and a gen 3 sub. 
Samsung Q80R tv. 

The sound from the tv will play for around 5 seconds and then cut out for around 1 second, play for 5, out for 1, on and on. 

I’ve swapped out the hdmi cable twice, tried unplugging the tv, switched between PCM and DD+ and switched between different apps on the tv. 

The sonos app shows that I am getting an atmos signal  

Was running a beam with the Play:1’s (but no sub) before just fine.

Not sure what I should try next.

Thank you,

mike

Im having this same problem on my LG TV 2024 model

This sounds like a capability issue with Samsung and Sonos. I had no issues when i first had this set up. but around a year and more ago theses audio drop out issues happen.

Ive done the following troubleshooting and have been working with Support. it would be great if they could accept it was an issue between them and Samsung and focus on that.

• Replaced HDMI cable
  • Tested Audio from Sonos over HDMI to Samsung Optical port (Sonos HDMI to Optical converter) - no issues tv plays fine. however you lose Dolby Atmos and the ARC features.
  • Tested on another Samsung S95B ( audio issues where worse, more often at the start of playing something and got better as time went on)

ive been suggested from support to now reach out to support over the phone (currently no phone support NZ) and today i go to chat again and they are offline today.

Update from my side. This issue after a very long time was fixed with firmware upgrade 16.2 (build 79.1-54060. Which i think came out in May. I have since blocked the sonos devices from upgrading their firmware now via my firewall

• Replaced HDMI cable

Update from my side. This issue after a very long time was fixed with firmware upgrade 16.2 (build 79.1-54060. Which i think came out in May. I have since blocked the sonos devices from upgrading their firmware now via my firewall

Its seems they released the firmware update that fixed samsung TVs but mine is a brand new LG. Its so frustrating after paying so much money for a good system to get good reliable sound. I had a sony bravia previously and it worked perfect with that.