Answered

Sonos Arc audio keeps cutting out when connected to Samsung TV

• 23 January 2024
  • 27 replies

Why isn’t this issue resolved? And if it is, what is the actual solution? For a couple years since owning the Arc and all the other prime Sonos Speakers & Sub, everything worked fine. Now, the sound when coming through the TV, will randomly go to near silent for 5-seconds at a time, then resume normal output. My brother has the exact same issue, suddenly- so this isn’t a personal problem - and this problem is all over this troubleshooting website. Why isn’t there a definitive common solution for a very well defined Sonos problem. My “Vizio” (yeah, Vizio) surround system in my bedroom has zero issues. What the heck? Just sayin

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 February 2024, 13:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

No, it’s a on going issue. Could be an issue with Samsung and Sonos. There isn’t a pass through option anymore for any external devices now. Only in certain apps like Vudu will you get pass through but Netflix prime do not have a pass through option which causes an audio delay and disruption. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Everyone

We’d love to look into this issue for you all. Unfortunately, I could only find one existing case from you all that relates to this issue.

In order for us to even start the process of an investigation, there needs to be related cases, there needs to be basic troubleshooting done so we can discount other possibilities, and there needs to be documentation of all of this so that the technicalities can be worked out by our engineers methodically.

So, if any of you would like to see the end of this issue, I encourage you - once again - to please get in touch with our technical support team. I highly recommend that you first submit a support diagnostic immediately after experiencing the issue you all report, and letting the agent you speak to know about it (which can be the next day - as long as the diagnostic is submitted as soon after experiencing the issue as possible, it doesn’t matter how long after that you wait before calling).

Note that this may be an issue that Samsung needs to address, but we can at least let them know once we understand that ourselves.