Question

What type of power adapter/block should we be using for Sonos Ace?

• 19 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Considering people are saying their units are bricked, has anyone determined what brand/watt works well with the Ace? I’m considering just returning them as soon as they arrive. Really think it’s insane that this is even an issue.

1 reply

Badge

To be fair to Sonos I’m aware of exactly one example where a high power charger _may_ have bricked a pair of Ace headphones. It was me that had that issue and it’s my _speculation_ that was the cause because I had used them for 4 days, left them on charge overnight, and they didn’t work the next morning (LED would turn blue but they wouldn’t turn on or connect to anything). I have my warranty replacement pair and am back to using them daily and I’m being selective with how I charge them until I see more details directly from Sonos on whether there’s a USB-C compatibility. There seem to be some interoperability issues where certain chargers work and some do not. But in those cases the Ace will either go into charging mode or it will not so it’s obvious from the LED. I’ll check my original thread but don’t believe there are other examples of bricked headphones (at least not that I’ve seen).