Skip to main content

Hello fellow Sonos Ace owners,
I have had Ace headphones for a few days now and after a history with devices such as Bose Quietcomfort Ultra, Sennheiser Momentum 4 or Sony WH-1000XM5, I find Ace to be the most comfortable in everyday use. Unfortunately, when wearing them, a certain problem occurs that did not manifest itself in the case of other headphones. Namely, when I turn my head relatively dynamically to the right, the sound of the song being played disappears for a fraction of a second. It happens the same way when I press the center of the right or left earphone with my index finger in such a way that the ear pads are bent. The sound also disappears for a short moment. Are you able to reproduce such behavior on your devices or is it perhaps a defect of my copy, or is it perhaps normal behavior that I have not encountered in the case of other headphones? I've read about the pressure equalization system in the earpiece that Sonos has implemented, but is that how it's supposed to work? Unfortunately for me, Sonos doesn't offer support in my country, hence my request to you.

Do you have any of the head tracking stuff turned on in the Ace menus?

Hi, 
Both the spatial Audio and head tracking are turned off…  

Hi @dmilewski 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of this issue you are having with your Sonos Ace headphones.

Do you have Active Noise Cancellation on when this happens? If so, it’s possible that the cushions are lifting off your skin as you move your head rapidly and that this change in air pressure is resulting in a momentary change n volume from the headphones.

Please test again with ANC turned off to see if there is any improvement - you can see the screen where to do so in the picture that @AjTrek1 posted above.

I hope this helps.