Question

Sonos Ace and Beam Gen 2 Tv-Audio Swap - When?

• 25 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 7 replies

Hi,

When will Sonos release the required software update to enable Tv-Audio swap with Beam Gen 2?

Thomas

7 replies

This is very much my question too. I am in the market for some quality headphones and Sonos’ new Ace sounded like a perfect fit, but then I read that they only work with the Arc for this particular feature. It’s great that they’ve said they will bring it to the other soundbars, but when? I don’t fancy paying out for the Ace and then waiting a year or 2 for the update to make them work.

I think the same. I'm thinking about buying them at launch. But I don't know if it's really worth doing it now or waiting until Beam 2 support is real and not a promise in the future. Because they do not give a specific time frame for when the update will be released to make the Ace compatible with Beam 2.

And this makes you think a lot about waiting to buy them. If I buy them now, and have to wait until the end of the year or next year, or maybe never for Beam support, I'll feel like I made a big mistake buying them. We're not asking for that much, just an estimate on when Sonos Ace compatibility with Sonos Beam gen 2 will arrive. Thank you.

Also disappointed. They opt only to offer the switch feature with the Arc system and not the Beam systems!.  Talk about premature market injection.  Add to the disappointment, that the Ace product is not treated like any other discreet Sonus speaker system, controlled by the app and the and the ability to access subscribed content.  There was a chance for clear market differentiator from better integration and great upsell potential for other Sonos products and services. Sonos missed the boat on that one.  I was in the middle of upgrading all of my Ones with Era 100’s, and after the support call with Sonos an hour or so ago with the bad news of limited capability, I am returning ten speakers and killing plans for two Ray upgrades and replacement of four Subs.  

Have been disappointed by Sonos before., promisses , promisses. I wanted the Sonas Ace to buy realy bad, but without support for beam gen 2 ,( promissed 2 e half 2024) I will not give them my money. As soon as it supports Beam 2 , i will buy it direct, until then i wait. 

I love the headphones but really need the beam update too. Any time frame?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Corry P any chance you could have a quick look at this question and share a timeframe?

Is it possible to tag Sonos so they can’t ignore this?

This is a user’s forum.  Sonos reps sometimes post here, but you are better off contacting them directly if your question is urgent.