Question

muffled sound on sonos ace

• 14 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I just got the Sonos Ace and my main reason for buying it was to hear lossless audio. I have Iphone 13 pro max, and I use Apple music. I know that i cannot hear lossless wirelessly, but I can hear through the usb-c to aux cord. I got the dongle ugreen aux to lighting, put the aux cable, and connected to the ace. Now aside from how annoying it is not being able to change settings with the cable connected (i have to disconnect the cable to access the settings), now the sound is very muffled. Like when i use the ace wirelessly, it’s actually louder and more upbeat. If used with the cable, the sound gets low and muffled. Is there anything i am doing wrong here? I don’t want to use the ace wirelessly because my main aim of buying it was to hear the lossless and that’s only possible with the cable. I also cannot use the usb-c to usb-c because my iPhone has lightning port, so i need the dongle. So i would appreciate any advice here before i decide to return it.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

You could possibly have a defective Lightning to 3.5mm adapter. Are you able to test the adapter with another set of headphones?

I thought the same at the beginning but no. I have tried the adapter on my sony mx3 and it was perfectly fine. I have tried also another adapter with the ace and still the sound is low