Answered

Sonos Move can’t connect to Google Assistant

• 26 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi. 
My new Sonos Move will not connect to Google assistant. I use S2 and have iOS 14.3. Can someone please support to resolve the issue. Thank you so much. 
Br,Ravi

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 December 2020, 23:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Perhaps see if the below-linked Sonos Support Page assists to get you up and running…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3494

Hi and thanks for the swift reply.

I checked it out but can’t find anything directly relating to my issue.

You see, my Sonos app suggests that I should add a voice assistant, I tap it and I choose Google assistant. The Sonos app then sends me over to the Google assistant app which searches for devices and then finds my Sonos move. When I then try to link them by allowing access the Assistant says “There might be a problem” and sends me back to the Sonos app. the Sonos app says “ There was a problem adding the Google Assistant” and you can try again. I try again and the same happens.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Hi and thanks for the swift reply.

I checked it out but can’t find anything directly relating to my issue.

You see, my Sonos app suggests that I should add a voice assistant, I tap it and I choose Google assistant. The Sonos app then sends me over to the Google assistant app which searches for devices and then finds my Sonos move. When I then try to link them by allowing access the Assistant says “There might be a problem” and sends me back to the Sonos app. the Sonos app says “ There was a problem adding the Google Assistant” and you can try again. I try again and the same happens.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Off it’s charger loop, try long pressing on rear top Power button for 5+ seconds until you hear the shutdown tone. Wait 30 seconds and put the Move back on the charger and wait for it to boot and reconnect and then try again. Hope that fixes it for you.

That’s it. It worked :-) Thank you very much for your help.