[WISH] Hardware | status led light

• 14 January 2023
  • 6 replies

I wish that the LED light on the Beam Gen 2 also had the option on the Sonos G2 app that:

> only show status light when audio is connected

> right now, the led light always is white and ON. I like it when is lit up, but only when audio is actually active. I know I can turn it off, but then again, I completely turn it off which I don’t want. Because I like it to see what’s going on…

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

The solid white LED light means that the speaker is powered up and functioning properly. Why do you need another LED light to tell you when audio is playing out of the speaker? If you can hear the audio playing, isn’t that enough?

Hi.  I am not aware that the behaviour you are requesting is available on other Sonos speakers as you claim.  Like @GuitarSuperstar, I cannot immediately see a benefit in it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @vanZantuhhh 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

The solid white LED light means that the speaker is powered up and functioning properly. Why do you need another LED light to tell you when audio is playing out of the speaker? If you can hear the audio playing, isn’t that enough?

i quess u don't understand what i mean. (sorry for the bad English).

i would like the option in de app that the SAME LED only lits up when there is active sound comming out.

For instance,

> if i don't watch TV of listen to music, i want the LED to be turned off.

> if i stream music or watch TV, only THEN i want to see the LED turned on.

This is a simple switch that can be build in the app. 

Hi @vanZantuhhh 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

Thank you!

Hi.  I am not aware that the behaviour you are requesting is available on other Sonos speakers as you claim.  Like @GuitarSuperstar, I cannot immediately see a benefit in it.

i don't claim anything. Just as the title said: it's a WISH. So i would like to see it, build in the app,

Just a simple toggle option: