Why is sonos the worst music streaming system ever?

• 16 February 2024
  • 12 replies

Badge

Sonos is terrible.

It is proprietary.

It is slow to connect.

It requires constant updates.

It requires constant permissions.

It is slow to respond.

It is expensive and not worth the headaches.

App is not intuitive.

ound quality is mediocre.

Sonos Roam was beyond the worst product ever!

Community help is full of paid pit bulls who advocate blindly for this garbage system.

I would like to sell it to some sucker but as I have more of a conscience than Sonos I would feel guilty.

Fix your junk product or get out of the business!

Sonos is garbage.

Signed,

Suckered Chap who purchased this Crap.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Wow! Looking at your previous posts, it seems you’ve not had a good experience with your Sonos products in your several years of ownership. I won’t correct all the inaccuracies in your post here, since you seem resolved to move on. 

It was interesting to note you praising this user community in the past for solving users’ problems, including one of yours, just a few months ago. 

There are thousands of satisfied owners and many that would be happy to buy your gear, so I’m sure you could sell it and not need to feel guilty. 

Good luck with your sale and your choice of alternative system. What are you planning to use as your Sonos replacement? 

Badge

Hi Nik,

There are no inaccuracies here, all fact, all issues that I regularly deal with. But wait there’s more!

Can no longer control volume with phone volume buttons!
Can no longer view music playing on home screen!
Yes support was good and have not had to call recently, not worth it.
Are you paid? Why are you so adamant for this failed system?
Tune in is redundant and requires paying!!!
Tune in repeats endlessly on some stations so cannot listen to station!
If going direct to stations no tune in is needed! Why is tune in needed.
Volume does not move equally among all speakers with master volume control.
When some speakers are off and move volume up it turns on other speakers!
There are so many issues with this system I could never recommend it.
Cannot always refresh Apple Music therefore sometimes does not play.
Sonos’s radio stations have ads! Why bother listening to them.

Looking at Bose system or just carrying around a quality blue tooth speaker with me.

These are all FACTS!!!!

The only paid contributors in this Community are clearly labeled as SONOS staff.

Badge

Interesting how no one has disputed a single issue here

Just a bunch of Sonos lemmings out there. Mediocre is good enough.

Ahhh, so you are looking for an argument?  Sorry, not going to indulge, I find debating with people who are obviously on a rant to be tedious, not to mention useless.  I suggest you sell your Sonos gear, it is apparently not for you.  The vast majority of owners disagree, so I’m sure Sonos can take the hit.

Badge

Oh, and the speakers are mono-directional, so might as well carry a blue tooth speaker to point it in the right direction as I have to do with disfunctional Sonos.

Badge

Just a little more cheese for you jgatie,  I am seeking answers.

Why do all these factual issues I have listed exist?

Why have these issues not been addressed?

What are the solutions? Are there any? Are they too tedious to address?

You appear to speak, rather arrogantly, for the vast majority of Sonos owners, how do you explain so many faults with a product?

Waiting with baited breath for a reasonable answer.

So desperate.  😆

Badge

😘

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I too had chosen not to reply, and I’m hesitant about doing so now. Firstly, in reply to one of your questions: no I’m not paid (or rewarded in any way) by Sonos. I had some problems early in my Sonos ownership. I got good advice from others on these forums, implemented it, and have had trouble-free system use since then. 

Amongst the issues you raise is volume hardware buttons. These were features Sonos was obliged to remove due to the way they worked and a conflict with what Apple and Google would permit. Yes it would be great if they could be implemented somehow but it’s down to Apple and Google, not Sonos, that they were removed. 

TuneIn is not the only music streaming service you can use. 

I could go on, but I won’t. 

Nor will I contribute further to your posts. You have your views on Sonos; I have mine. They differ. So be it. 

Sonos is neither the best nor the worst IMO - unlike in say 2010, it is now just one of the many good options to get good sounding music from the net into the home. In the interest of learning: which is an option according to you that does this better to an extent that it can be said to be markedly better than Sonos, especially on the criteria you have listed? Other than Bose, I know about that one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Dear Sonos Staff:

I am asking, once again, for an ignore option.

Thank you for your consideration.