What is the issue Pay Pal Credit and Sonos Ordering

• 19 February 2024
  • 14 replies

Badge

I have spent my entire day trying to use my 6 month interest free pay pal credit account and the order keeps being rejected even though it’s approved by Pay Pal Credit. I have not received any reasonable answer from Sonos and the customer service team has provided no response to why this order has not been processed. I am paying in full in the amount of $1750 and fully approved yet the system has rejected my payment 6 times. Has anyone ever tried this and does anyone have a solution.

Thank You

Frustrated 😩 

14 replies

I had the same thing happen to me within the last two weeks and finally had to call customer service and they told me they had a problem with there system turning down credit cards , he took my order on phone everything went thru fine , I would of thought that by now that problem would of been fixed but apparently not. Need to order via telephone that’s what I had to do and everything went great and have two working systems as we speak!Call them emails , chats whatever don’t work at least they did not with me !

Badge

I am using a pay pal digital account so there is no physical card that’s the issue I’m about to give up I’m so frustrated at this point.

Badge

I’m also taking advantage of a 6 months no interest offer and a 20% Sonos discount as well this is a fantastic deal if I can get it through.

Call Sonos directly. 

Badge

I’ve called Sonos more then a dozen times in a single day and the agents are useless and have provided zero resolution and zero access to a supervisor at all.

I’m confused as to what resolution you think the non-employees of Sonos will supply here in this community forum for you?

Badge

Just venting it’s been quite a frustrating day only trying to complete a simple transaction.

Ah, that I can understand. I can easily see how frustrating it must be. I wish there was something we could do. 

Badge

We are now on day 8 of the saga no response no resolution and no answers. Does anyone from Sonos actually moderate this forum I have an open ticket now for over a week and have received zero response at all behind lip service from a customer service representative and empty promises of a timely response no yet any response at all.

David,

I had the same issue and found a workaround to use PayPal. I not only had an upgrade discount, I wanted to use the PayPal six month payment option. Try this:

Place the item{s} in your cart and proceed to checkout. When you get to the payment option, put in a credit or debit card (it won’t get charged) and click ‘Review Order.’ At that point, click ‘Edit’ in the payment section. Then, switch the payment to your PayPal, and the account window should pop up allowing you to select your PayPal Credit option. Save the edit you just did and ‘Submit Order’ should pop up and you can complete your purchase. It worked for me and hopefully will for you too. Too bad it has to be this difficult to give Sonos our money.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @David Lundgren, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear about the problems you’ve had with placing an order through our site and with your experience with out sales team.

I’ve had a look into our system and found your case, but there’s been no movement on it. I’ve flagged this case internally for our team to look into and for someone to reach out to you regarding this, so please keep an eye out for a follow up email. I’ll also keep an eye on the case to make sure that it gets processed.

The case doesn’t have a lot of notes on what was tried, but if you haven’t already, then trying a different browser, using private/incognito mode, or trying a different device to place the order can help get around issues where the order isn’t finalizing. I haven’t heard of the method that @tkevinb used, but if it worked for them then it’s definitely worth a try.

If you try any of the above and it works, please let us know with a follow up post here so I can update your case. Otherwise, wait for the follow up from our team regarding this.

I hope this information helps!

I also contacted customer support and was told there was nothing they could do and to use a different payment method. Then yesterday, the rep told me they’d reach out to the technical experts and get back to me in a couple of hours, I never heard back. It was after trial and error that I was able to complete two recent purchases using PayPal. Surely a cutting-edge company like Sonos can dedicate the resources to address a payment issue that’s been reported online for months.

So credit card doesn't work but PayPal? Funny 🤣

No. PayPal is the payment method with the issue. There is a work around.