trouble with amp

• 3 January 2023
  • 3 replies

"Hello, I have two of the sonos one speakers from Costco that are paired with the sonos arc soundbar that I also purchased at Costco. I also purchased a Sonos amp from Best Buy that I am using with two sonance ceiling speakers. All the speakers work together well when I am listening to music through my phone. But I can’t get them all to work together when I am watching TV or a movie. I have the soundbar connected of the hdmi arc output off the back of the TV so the soundbar and the two Sonos one speakers are working fine but how do I get the Sonos amp to work with them while watching tv or movies?"

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

"Hello, I have two of the sonos one speakers from Costco that are paired with the sonos arc soundbar that I also purchased at Costco. I also purchased a Sonos amp from Best Buy that I am using with two sonance ceiling speakers. All the speakers work together well when I am listening to music through my phone. But I can’t get them all to work together when I am watching TV or a movie. I have the soundbar connected of the hdmi arc output off the back of the TV so the soundbar and the two Sonos one speakers are working fine but how do I get the Sonos amp to work with them while watching tv or movies?"

You already have maxed out the number of surround speakers for surround sound, the only thing you can add is a Sub.  You could group the Amp with the Arc/surrounds for TV, but that will cause a lag between the two rooms.  You could also remove the Ones and use them elsewhere, and use the Amp speakers as surrounds.

Darn it, I wanted to use the amp and ceiling speakers as my rear speakers for the system. Even if they only worked as left and right rather than surround. It would be nice if the amp was connected to the arc soundbar somehow.  

Darn it, I wanted to use the amp and ceiling speakers as my rear speakers for the system. Even if they only worked as left and right rather than surround. It would be nice if the amp was connected to the arc soundbar somehow.  

You can, you just have to remove the current surrounds.  The system only supports 2 total surrounds.