Answered

Suddenly cannot find AirPlay on sonos move

• 11 January 2023
  • 5 replies

I was using Sonos move for almost one month, before the problem, I had use airplay function and there is no problem at all. But yesterday, i can’t find the airplay on my device even thought I didn’t change my Wi-Fi password or using another wifi (ps. Wi-Fi functioning well). Fortunately, I still can use Bluetooth for playing music. So what is happen is happen to my sonos move and how should I solve the problem?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 11 January 2023, 17:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kho Kian Hoe 01 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Apple recently removed their latest version of HomeKit (or Apple Home) from their downloads page due to issues with it and AirPlay.

The only currently known fix for this is to remove the Sonos device(s) from HomeKit, factory reset it, and set it up once more. Do not add it to HomeKit again until a newer version has been released and installed.

Unfortunately, as you only have one Sonos device, this will mean all settings, favourites and music/voice services will be removed, and you will also need to choose to Setup a New System in the app - I recommend you reset the Sonos app before setting the Move up again to keep things simple. You can use the same email/account as before to sign into the Sonos app.

I hope this helps.

I appreciate your reply and will follow the link you included. But to be sure: I never at any point in setting up the Sonos Roam or thereafter added it in my Home setup. I just now opened HomeKit to double-check and I can assure you that the Sonos Roam does not appear. I will follow the steps for factory reset nonetheless but I am not hopeful that the airplay stutter and the erraticness with which it occurs are the result of Homekit‘s current limbo state. I will post my findings when done.

Thank you,

Bernd Conrad

Badge +1

How were you listening to music? Were you using the Sonos app? Spotify Connect? If you were using Spotify Connect, you may have had a screen when you search for devices that says something like “Discover devices on this network”. If so, pick that and you may then see your Move populate.

I had the exact same thing happen with mine and this made it visible.

It's ridiculous that this key function disappears on SONOS, you don't notify customers about it, and don't find a better solution than making all of your customers completely factory reset their entire system, thereby losing all saved info, just to fix it on our end.

Badge +20

It's ridiculous that this key function disappears on SONOS, you don't notify customers about it, and don't find a better solution than making all of your customers completely factory reset their entire system, thereby losing all saved info, just to fix it on our end.

Oi… Apple broke Airplay nothing to do with Sonos, educate yourself as it’s detailed the posts above. iOS 16,4 will apparently have the fix from Apple.