Answered

split system

• 27 February 2024
  • 9 replies

I have 4x One SL’s , a gen 2 Beam & a Roam , all of which need / are running on S2 . . . I have just bought for the garage a 2nd hand gen 1 Play 5 which needs S1 . . . I have had no joy setting up a split system . Any suggestion ?

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 27 February 2024, 14:59

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Either connect the Play:5 to the router to complete setup initially, or power down your S2 devices and try to add the Play:5 to S1 again.

Also, have you factory reset the Play:5?

After un-plugging all my S2 stuff  . . . repeatedly trying to get the S1 app to work because my email is already used for S1 . . .  hard wiring the Play:5 to the router . . . repeatedly trying to get the S1 app working . . . turning the speaker & the router off & on a few times . . . . . .

after about 3hrs of going round & round & round , it’s working & sounds great (amazing for £80 ish)

MANY THANKS

Userlevel 7

Glad to hear you got it working in the end.

If you’re lucky, there may still be a 30% upgrade discount on the Play:5 that you can use against a future purchase. Check your Sonos account online.

Yeah , I got offered the 30% upgrade discount a couple of times today when i was in & out of Sonos . . . 

Of course there’s a risk buying 2nd hand  but  IF  u get a good’un ,  you can’t argue with the ‘sound per pound’ , i will def be looking for another . . .

regards

Userlevel 7

Yeah , I got offered the 30% upgrade discount a couple of times today when i was in & out of Sonos . . . 

Of course there’s a risk buying 2nd hand  but  IF  u get a good’un ,  you can’t argue with the ‘sound per pound’ , i will def be looking for another . . .

regards

There’s a current limited-time promo where the 15% upgrade credit for One etc is 30% until the end of the month.

The 30% upgrade credit for the Play:5 (Gen1) as an S1 only device, is the standard discount for that device. It can take upto 24hrs for eligibility to show after registering the device, but if it doesn’t show after that, it was most likely used by the previous owner.

So just out of interest . . . When someone applies for an upgrade credit , i assume that they have to put in the serial number of the old Sonos

is it true that if / when the credit is used against a new product , Sonos permanently disable the old speaker ? Making it scrap

Userlevel 7

So just out of interest . . . When someone applies for an upgrade credit , i assume that they have to put in the serial number of the old Sonos

is it true that if / when the credit is used against a new product , Sonos permanently disable the old speaker ? Making it scrap

You activate the upgrade credit under the Upgrade section of your Sonos account online. It already shows the serial number there against the device.

The device you activate the upgrade on continues to work as it does today.

There was a two or three week period, in the beginning, where they would disable the speaker completely. That was years ago, when the discount was first initiated. Since then, the speaker has been remaining fully functional. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Still grumpy about that disable deal as I jumped on the offer early and gave up two Play 5s and two ZP-80s.