Answered

Sound unsync with picture

• 21 July 2023
  • 5 replies

The sound is unsync with picture/movie/tvshow. If there’s music and dancing, they dance’s of beat. 
If someone claps, you see the hands smashing together, and hear the sound half a second later! 
Once you see it, you can’t unsee it! 
How do I fix this? 

It’s set up with an optic cable from tv to playbar, and right now, only sub connected wireless.

I’m planning to use my play3 speakers to, but it’s driving me insane that sound and picture don’t match, so I’m considering not to bother…

I’ll be happy for any suggestions that’ll help me out! 

Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 July 2023, 20:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

What model TV do you have? Do you use any external media devices?

The Sonos Playbar, just like any other speaker, can only play the audio as soon as it receives it from the TV - so my guess is the TV processor is perhaps unable to output the audio through its ports quickly enough, particularly if playing multi-channel TV surround audio. Maybe see if switching the TV to PCM stereo output and audio-passthrough, will solve your issue. If not, then go onto try a different optical cable ..and if the problem still persists after that, then it might be time for a new TV with a faster processor and one which caters for pass-through of multi-channel audio via its ports.

Since we are talking about an optical connection between the Sonos and the TV, it’s also worth looking at the audio settings on the device feeding the TV. That could be the TV, or some other device connected with an HDMI cable. 

It’s a Philips 55’, maybe six-seven years old? I bought the playbar, not a year after I bought the tv, so they should «talk» together?

External devices is the tv-box from the tv supplier, it may be a ps4 or ps5, or even the apple tv. 

As you guys are suggesting, it may absolutely be the tv! Never bothered to connect it to internet, and thus update it. That may help, and I’ll try it! 

Thank you!

Userlevel 7

It’s a Philips 55’, maybe six-seven years old? I bought the playbar, not a year after I bought the tv, so they should «talk» together?

External devices is the tv-box from the tv supplier, it may be a ps4 or ps5, or even the apple tv. 

As you guys are suggesting, it may absolutely be the tv! Never bothered to connect it to internet, and thus update it. That may help, and I’ll try it! 

Thank you!

Is there a Digital Out Format or Digital Output setting on the TV? If so, what is it currently set to and what other options are available?

What audio settings are available on the TV box?

On the PS4/PS5, set the Audio Format (Priority) setting to Dolby.

If you have an Apple TV 4K, set the Change Format audio setting to ON and set the New Format to Dolby Digital 5.1.

If you can send photos of any of these audio menus, this might be useful for us to help you further.